Kitfox 3 Bushplane Project.

210 posts in this topic

Posted

Great!  Looking forward to hearing more about it and seeing some pictures.

Posted

Well after countless enquiries and more than one tire kicker My guilt got the best of me. Im going to try to see this thing through. 15 hours of paint yesterday got everything through the layers of silver. Color coats are going on Tomorrow. 

71beb470433d7a83888a.jpg

clicklarge3.gif

5 people like this

Posted

Looking green! Coming home tomorrow to start final assembly and then the black accent paint. Im pleased with how it came out

6baf72f9ba636f1fec3c.jpg

clicklarge3.gif

Posted

Nice. What paint did you use to get that shine?

Posted (edited)

Its stewarts ekopoly, pain in the butt to work with. 

Plane is home now and reassembly commences today. Starting with the main gear and realized the brakes I took off look like junk. Anyone upgrade to dual calipers on their model iii? Im curious how much was entailed and the price. Luckilly just nabbed a brand new set of matco mc-1 masters off of ebay for cheap

edit: couple other questions.

1.) where would one purchase a new set of the rubber engine isolator thingys for the engine mount?

2.) I believe the old throttle system is outdated? Any suggestions on the best throttle setup on a model iii with a 912?

Edited by Neloner

Posted

I have a brand new engine mount rubber kit I bot from Kitfox. This includes the new, updated bushing length per the SB. 

Posted

McFarlane cables for the throttle and choke - best there is bar none!  If you can do it, get the verier version, I wish I did...

Vernier

Plain

Enrichener/Choke

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a brand new engine mount rubber kit I bot from Kitfox. This includes the new, updated bushing length per the SB. 

fantastic!

McFarlane cables for the throttle and choke - best there is bar none!  If you can do it, get the verier version, I wish I did...

Ok, is it the same cable setup for throttle and choke? Just vernier for throttle and regular for choke? Seems expensive for a choke cable but throttle would be worth it

Also got a rebuild kit from Matco to rebuild my calipers, and the kit that ads a second caliper to each wheel. 

Posted

The choke cable is different.  It is non-locking spring return operation.  

The Throttle cables can lock in place and are of much heavier core material.

Yes, they are expensive, but far superior quality to anything else on the market.

Posted (edited)

Finally getting the engine mounted today. Hopefully wings on this week as well. Been working on prepping the hangar opening and getting the strip ready to seed. (And flying the new plane) 

d137ae258aa6a1616c7a.jpg

clicklarge3.gif

d6e3f2a9460470d3da89.jpg

clicklarge3.gif

c7e7b50b508f32a7241d.jpg

clicklarge3.gif

Edited by Neloner
1 person likes this