Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maintaining Acrylic

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Any recommendations for products to clean plexiglass (acrylics)? I couple I see out there are Plexus  Plastic Cleaner and Clear View (cleaner and polish).

Any other feedback?

Plan to use it both on my Kitfox and my wifes 150. She recently picked it up used (1971) and the windshield is like new (not a scratch or blemish to be seen) and I hope to keep it that way.

Posted

You might laugh but the cheapest furniture polish you can find that is citrus based and contains no ammonia works really well. I ruined a motorcycle windshield about 20 years ago and then found out about the polish. I keep it in my planes, car and motorcycle now. It allows bugs to be cleaned off easily and I even use it on my prop to clean it after my flights. I usually find it at a dollar store. 

Posted

+1 Lemon Pledge

Posted (edited)

I use lots of lemon pledge as well, but I have used the Rain-X that comes in the aerosol cans with great results, Helps in the rain as well, I would recommend taking some scrap lexon that you have and test it for a month first,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rain-X-5080233-2-In-1-Glass-Cleaner-Plus-Rain-Repellent-New-/152331335022?hash=item2377a7b56e:g:9sAAAOSwZJBX-FGf

Edited by TJay