Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 5 kit on barnstormers

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw this, looks like a reasonable price.  I would guess a new Kitfox kit is $20,000 or so.  JImChuk

KITFOX MODEL 5 KIT • $8,750 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE Kit S/N S9412-0078, includes the firewall aft kits; fuselage kit, wing kit, landing gear kit, covering kit and builders manual. It has a tailwheel and both the bungee and Grove main gear. speedster tail, wing lift strut fairings, builder's tool kit, wingtips and wheel pants. Here is what we know isn't included in the kit: Firewall forward kit, cowling or prop you get to choose your engine & prop Upholstery and seats Baggage sack Almost all of the current options for the SS7 can be done on the model 5, except to convert it to a nose wheel. Hardly any work done on the kit. • Contact Gerald W. Dafoe, Friend of Owner - located Morristown, AZ USA • Telephone: 810-516-9122 . • Posted March 27, 2017 Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

scaled_a297_120x67_1235212-IMG_1914_KitFscaled_1a59_106x80_1235212-IMG_1923_KitFscaled_53a5_106x80_1235212-IMG_1920KitFoscaled_e26c_106x80_1235212-IMG_1919KitFo

Posted

That sounds like a bargain price for a Model 5 Kit.  BTW: The yellow Avid Speedwing on ebay just sold for $9700.  EDMO

Posted

I guess it is all relative Ed, I was thinking it was pretty high for not having anything FWF and being mostly untouched. Maybe it's because it's a 5 model??

Posted

Worth every penny because it's a 5.  If I didn't have mine done I'd be seriously considering it...

Posted

What would that much have cost from the factory new right now if it was available.  At least double, maybe more is my guess.  JImChuk

Posted

Worth every penny because it's a 5.  If I didn't have mine done I'd be seriously considering it...

Why the big bump up in what it is worth due to a model difference? I'm not up on the Kitfox models nearly as well as the Avids. Speed, size, etc?

Posted (edited)

The model 5 was the first that was completely redesigned heavier 1500 or 1550 GW and could use small "Aircraft" engines, Like 0-200, 235,290,320, etc., and nose dragger options.  Finished and flying ones typically sell for $50K+.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Well someone liked it, its marked sold this morning. Mike

Posted

Well someone liked it, its marked sold this morning. Mike

Somebody got a bargain.  EDMO