Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need help finding a part

14 posts in this topic

Posted

After I landed today I found a hairline crack in my muffler. I took it off so that I can weld it up and one of the rubber stand offs that holds the muffler to the firewall had the stud rip loose from it. I suspect this is why the muffler cracked right at the elbow about 3 inches from where this stud supports the muffler. I can't find anything in the CPS catalog. Anyone know a source for this? The stud takes a 1/2" nut and the rubber bushing is 1" long.

It's supposed to have a threaded stud on both ends.

IMG_5573.jpg

This one shows where the stud ripped loose from the rubber piece.

IMG_5574.jpg

Posted

Anyone know a source for this? The stud takes a 1/2" nut and the rubber bushing is 1" long.

Joey, let me check on this for you. I may be able to source it. I'll send you a text tomorrow. I might be able to bring it to you - Hand delivery, how about that??

Posted

Joey are you sure the stud is not a 5/16 and takes a 1/2 inch wrench or is it a 1/2 inch diameter stud?If you go to the Lord website they have just about every mount you can imagine.Aircraft Spruce may have it or Wicks, good luck.

Randy

Posted

Joey are you sure the stud is not a 5/16 and takes a 1/2 inch wrench or is it a 1/2 inch diameter stud?If you go to the Lord website they have just about every mount you can imagine.Aircraft Spruce may have it or Wicks, good luck.

Randy

Randy ya I was not real clear on that. It takes a 1/2 wrench on the nut that goes on it. I didn't pay that much attention but my guess is it's 5/16" stud.

Posted

Randy

Just looked and Aircraft Spruce does have them.

Posted

I could not find them on there....Spruce is hard to find crap if you don't know exactly what it's called. I did however find them here......

http://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Grade-2NPA8-Vibration-Isolator/dp/B001QRJ4C6

Is there anything that Amazon doesn't have??

Spruces website kinda of sucks to find light sport stuff in, but its in their 2009 catalog on page 307. The part number is 10-01557. Its 5/16 studs on both ends but its only 3/4 inch long so maybe that is not the one you need.If you type in the part number in their search box it will come up.

Posted

Spruces website kinda of sucks to find light sport stuff in, but its in their 2009 catalog on page 307. The part number is 10-01557. Its 5/16 studs on both ends but its only 3/4 inch long so maybe that is not the one you need.If you type in the part number in their search box it will come up.

Thanks.. I always forget about their catalog on my shelf. I reference the CPS one all the time. I have a Wicks and Spruce one someplace. I should be back in biz in a couple days. Our weather is supposed to go to crap again tonite. Today was the first flyable day we've had in 10 days. At one point I heard 6 different guys on the CTAF.... This was my first trip from the new airfield. I've flown to it a few times but never past it. Going North past it opened up a whole new area to explore. It's got a lot more hills too. Much nicer flying than the flat area around the other airport I had been flying out of.

Posted

Take a look at jbmindustries.com, they make a lot of stuff for rotax.

Your isolater is pictured on thier site, tho I don't know the bolt sizae.

Posted

Take a look at jbmindustries.com, they make a lot of stuff for rotax.

Your isolater is pictured on thier site, tho I don't know the bolt sizae.

I have a hand full of them (the ones from JBM), but they are a bit smaller I think. I can have the kid measure them up and see. They are a replacement for the rubber iso mounts for the rotax radiators. Let me know if you want me to have the kid measure them up. The rubber used in the JBM is way better than the rotax crap.

:BC:

Posted

Joey,

Just had the kid measure the mounts. 1" long on the rubber L.O.A. 2.250"

I can have him ship you one today if you want it. I no longer have the nose radiators and don't need them. (the ones I would ship are brand new never used)

Posted

That's a great site. I've never heard of them. That link should be in the vendors section. Thanks for the offer Leni I ordered three of them from that Amazon site. Hopefully they are the right ones. I missed out on some sweet flying weather today. I suspect my muffler cracked because that rubber mount failed and then left all the weight on that elbow.

Posted

That's a great site. I've never heard of them. That link should be in the vendors section. Thanks for the offer Leni I ordered three of them from that Amazon site. Hopefully they are the right ones. I missed out on some sweet flying weather today. I suspect my muffler cracked because that rubber mount failed and then left all the weight on that elbow.

uhhh it is... JBM industries... not an amozon site, but his home page... He is on ebay and barnstormers too.

Posted

uhhh it is... JBM industries... not an amozon site, but his home page... He is on ebay and barnstormers too.

Further up the page I posted a link to Amazon that carries those type of isolators. They should be here Tuesday. I got my muffler welded back up and repainted today.