Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

T6 Ride

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Had a chance to catch a ride on an AT6 this morning out of Blue Ribbon Field in Sequim, Washington. Great plane and beautiful surroundings . . .

DSC_8441.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

nice!  I keep threatening to take a ride in one up here one of these days soon.  We have a guy that sells rides in the summer.

:BC:

Posted

Is it as loud inside as out? :huh:

Posted

Doug - not bad with a good set of David Clark's. But a bit more noisy (and chilly) on takeoff and landing with the canopy open.

Posted

The Texans are the only planes I ALWAYS stuff earplugs in for. I think the Aeroshell Team taking off side-by-side at 6:30am daily to open OSH 36L and R was scheduled by someone who never knew a hangover. Damn they are loud!

Posted

The guy I flew with wasn't pushing his engine too hard (no WOT), so the noise wasn't bad.

Posted

My wife bought me a ride in one of those several years ago for Christmas.  It was a lot of fun.  We did some light aerobatics, mostly aileron and barrel rolls as I recall.

Mark

Posted

Flew a Texan in Seattle a few years ago.  Yep, loud.... Yep, fun.... Guy told me to keep altitude and airspeed and I could do what I wanted.  Had a ball for 30 minutes, rolls, steep turns, dives..... Was so damn nauseated when I finished, I almost didn't make it back to the airport.  Had a tight hold on the barf bag.  Old ears just can't handle it anymore.....

Posted (edited)

Flew a Texan in Seattle a few years ago.  Yep, loud.... Yep, fun.... Guy told me to keep altitude and airspeed and I could do what I wanted.  Had a ball for 30 minutes, rolls, steep turns, dives..... Was so damn nauseated when I finished, I almost didn't make it back to the airport.  Had a tight hold on the barf bag.  Old ears just can't handle it anymore.....

My flying buddy bought a T6 years ago and we were both a little afraid to see what it would do, so we decided to get some aerobatics training.  I thought I had been thru some aerobatics in the Stearman and the Birddog, until an old WW2 instructor took me up in a T-34 when I was about 30 years old - I don't think I lasted near 30 minutes - my head was so bad I had to ask him to land, and could hardly walk straight for a little while!  I bet he laughed later about "Giving the kid a ride he wouldn't forget"!   Straight & Level now for me.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO