Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Huge fine

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I heard on the news a couple of days ago that two skiplane pilots got fined around $1000 bucks each for landing on Lake Calhoun in the Twin Cities area. What the hell is going on in this world ?

Posted

I heard on the news a couple of days ago that two skiplane pilots got fined around $1000 bucks each for landing on Lake Calhoun in the Twin Cities area. What the hell is going on in this world ?

That would suck! I would be pissed unless it is an area that is clearly marked on charts as being off limits!

Posted

The article says it is a [city] ordinance preventing a/c operations on park property.

I would highly doubt that it is noted on the sectional chart. A good reminder of knowing where you are going and what their policies are ahead of time.

Gotta love government run amok.

Posted (edited)

The article says it is a [city] ordinance preventing a/c operations on park property.

I would highly doubt that it is noted on the sectional chart. A good reminder of knowing where you are going and what their policies are ahead of time.

Gotta love government run amok.

There is a ordinance that says you have to have a permit to have any motorized item on the lake . And that is why they were fined. You have to have a permit even for a gas ice auger to fish with on that particular lake. The Faa was called and went out with the police and could not find any wrong doings by the individuals and they let them fly the planes off. It is the City that is spanking them for not having the permit.

Fly safe fly low fly slow

John

Edited by eskflyer