Opinions on Swift vs Westach dual EGT

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone have any opinions on the swift dual EGT and probes?  My Westach had one probe die and during troubleshooting half of the gauge died.  I can get a new Swift gauge and probes for just over $100, but the Westach is over $200.

Opinions on either or both?

TIA

Edited by TSoftware

Posted

Cheapest route may be to send your gauge back to Westach.  I've sent several to be recalibrated and they charged $25.  Give them a call and see what they say.  JImChuk

Posted

Where did you find a number?  Their web site only lists two email addresses.  I sent them an email when I thought all I needed was a probe....out until Monday.

Posted

Don't know if these will work or not.  Give it a try.  707-938-2121  or 800-400-7024 JImChuk

Posted

There may not be a problem with the gauge itself....looks like a bad connection in the umbilical, just have to find the connectors to rebuild.  Found the gauge function test on their site and found that I had some weak connections.

They also had an additional check for the probes...so guess I will see where this goes.

Crossing fingers and toes.

Posted

Be careful when you walk with the crossed toes. :-)  JImChuk

Posted

I didn't know you could test everything. I had a egt just stop working and was about to buy new probes and all . 

Posted (edited)

I started off by testing using logic...of course it was a dual EGT and one side was working....when researching the WesTach I came across these two links:

Edited by TSoftware