Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Trailing Edge from Spruce

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just found out accidently today that the new type of aluminum trailing edge material from Spruce has an INSIDE covering of plastic wrap in it - I had pealed the outside wrap and was getting ready to cut notches for ribs in it when I discovered the inside wrap too.  Just to let you know in case you fail to look.   It pealed out easily.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

good idea to scuff sand that inside surface when you go to epoxy it on as well.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

good idea to scuff sand that inside surface when you go to epoxy it on as well.  JImChuk

Jim,  You got any suggestions on how to do that?  With both sides bent inward there is little space to get in there.  I used one 6 foot piece and didn't do any splices.  I guess mine will hold to the 1/4" ribs until I get the fabric wrapped and glued to it?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

If you don't bend it to far open, you should be able to get a chunk of scotchbrite pad in there and slide it back and forth with a flat blade screwdriver or something.   I'm guessing you would have trimmed out or flattened it where it goes over the ribs so that should give a bit of room also.  Don't think it needs a whole lot, just a rougher surface so the epoxy can grab onto it.  JImChuk

1 person likes this