Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 2 on barnstormers

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw this on barnstormers.  Might be a good deal for someone.  Has current registration, but not an airworthness certificate according to the FAA website.  Maybe get it home,  get a DAR, and get it in the air.  JImChuk

KIT FOX • $10,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE Kit fox II for sale Built licensed but never flown. The price includes Full Lotus floats and all mounting hardware. New 582 gray head has been sent out for upgrading to blue head specifications. • Contact Terry C. Wade, Owner - located Burnt Hills, NY USA • Telephone: 518 399-4999 • Posted April 18, 2017

Posted

Shoot, the Lotus floats are more than half that price by themselves, if they are in new condition.

Mark

Posted

Ya, I thought it might be a good deal for someone.  (not me though :-)  JImChuk

Posted

Uhhh oh, ~3hrs from me... :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I know the bird.  It does have airworthiness.  Registered as ELSA.  I have pics I could post as well.  That is a respectable deal on this bird.  I was considering it myself until I ran across our Model III.  She needs a good clean-up, inspection and some cosmetic.  Other than that it is a new bird.  The engine has never been started. I imagine the registration might have expired, but the airworthiness should still be good.  I did see the paperwork in person so I know its there. 

Edited by LSaupe

Posted (edited)

Some pics:

Could make a nice bird with a little TLC.  Would be great to see someone get her in the air.

DSCN2744.JPG

DSCN2745.JPG

DSCN2746.JPG

DSCN2747.JPG

DSCN2756.JPG

Edited by LSaupe