Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Video Camera Idea

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's another video camera option, it was posted on the wings (Just A/C) forum.

Motocam 360

This system allows up to four cameras to record to a remote control/memory unit at once. Pretty cool (if a little expensive) idea.

Posted

Here's another video camera option, it was posted on the wings (Just A/C) forum.

Motocam 360

This system allows up to four cameras to record to a remote control/memory unit at once. Pretty cool (if a little expensive) idea.

Heres that camera system I was talking about

http://www.goprocamera.com/

Sweet demo vid

http://www.goprocamera.com/hdheropreview/

Posted

Crap!

I just came across this one on the REI website. I was just at thier store yesterday!

VIO POV 1.5 Camera $599

Here for $529

Also on B&H Photo for $599, but they have more accessories...

Posted (edited)

Here's another one for $299, has a remote trigger but not a remote mic.....

$199 with a remote.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

Heres that camera system I was talking about

http://www.goprocamera.com/

Sweet demo vid

http://www.goprocame.../hdheropreview/

Joey,

That is the cam that I have...the one that got my crash video :lol: I like it for the vid quality etc, but it does not have an onboard screen, so you mount it and hope for the best when you do get to download to the computer or TV.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I was going to ask, Leni, which one you had...

I have this one. Also has no monitor to see what you have recorded. And, gives that weird "boomerang" effect when shooting through the prop.

I'm really thinking of updating to this one.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

I was going to ask, Leni, which one you had...

I have this one. Also has no monitor to see what you have recorded. And, gives that weird "boomerang" effect when shooting through the prop.

I'm really thinking of updating to this one.

I have had several different helmet cams and they all get the prop arc, boomerang, squiggly shit going. My normal good video cam does fine shooting through the prop, but something in these helmet cam sensors really dont like the prop arcs. I have found that at certain RPM it will be fine, but above or below that you just get a shit picture.

I went flying yesterday and left my good still cam at home so I took pics with my cell phone.. I will post one of each below and you can tell me which camera took which pic....

post-2-12641167881708_thumb.jpg

post-2-12641170653146_thumb.jpg

Posted

I have had several different helmet cams and they all get the prop arc, boomerang, squiggly shit going. My normal good video cam does fine shooting through the prop, but something in these helmet cam sensors really dont like the prop arcs. I have found that at certain RPM it will be fine, but above or below that you just get a shit picture.

I went flying yesterday and left my good still cam at home so I took pics with my cell phone.. I will post one of each below and you can tell me which camera took which pic....

Every time you guys post attachements I cannot view them. It just tells me I don't have permission..I'm a mod...WTF.. I have permission for everything!

Posted

Every time you guys post attachements I cannot view them. It just tells me I don't have permission..I'm a mod...WTF.. I have permission for everything!

hmmm. lemme check into it...

Posted

So, you were able to fly with the "boot" on your ankle or did you take it off?

Bet that would have hurt like a mother snowshoeing a runway...

Posted

So, you were able to fly with the "boot" on your ankle or did you take it off?

Bet that would have hurt like a mother snowshoeing a runway...

Got rid of the boot for a lace up brace I can wear inside my regular boots... I would have been in big trouble if I would have had to pack a runway... have I ever said how much I love my floats :dunno:

:lol: