WTB Kitfox or matco 8" wheels and hubs

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Need a pair of Kitfox or matco 8" wheels and hubs will buy or have a set of 6" wheels with tires as well as master cylinders to trade

thanks 

Posted (edited)

I have a set - the brake disk lugs on one wheel had stripped threads and the guy drilled them smooth and put nuts on back side - Real PIA to assemble! - I think that 1/4-28 Nutserts would fix it easily and can be bought at Grainger.  Tires are not great, but are cheap.  Do you need long or short Matco MCs?  Or need to measure?  Why change when you can get cheap 800x6 or 21x800x6?  What axles do your 6" fit?   The 8" centers fit the standard Kitfox axle.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Ed

will the rotors from my 6" wheels bolt to your 8" wheels?

I want to go to the 27.5 dessers like Joey is running

i have spare sets of master cylinders from the wide gear set I bought if you need them. 

My 6" wheels fit 3/4 axles

what do you need to get out of them or were you interested in trading?

thanks

jamie

Edited by THE MACHINIST

Posted (edited)

By "rotors" are you talking about brake disks or hubs - don't matter, as I don't think either will interchange - the disks for these wheels fit the INSIDE Matco calipers which I have.   I need to keep one set of wheels for a Kitfox, but it don't matter to me which size.   I have several different sets of Matco MCs.    You may need to go to double-puck calipers with those huge tires.  Matco lets you add another set of calipers to the ones I have.   I would rather just trade wheels, tires, disks and calipers.  EDMO 

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Great  pm me with your number and I will give you a call tomorrow to discuss further

thanks

jamie

Posted (edited)

Great  pm me with your number and I will give you a call tomorrow to discuss further

thanks

jamie

How about PM me your number and I will call you - I don't answer strange calls.  Leave me a msg and I can call you back.  Busy day tomorrow, but will get with you by evening.  Sending you a PM now.EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I've also got a set if you haven't come across one. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk. 

Posted

Got a trade working with ed thanks anyway