Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid, Kitfox clone (Raven) on barnstormers

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw this on barnstormers.  Doesn't seem like a bad price... JImChuk

RAVEN (KITFOX) PROJECT • $5,000 • FOR SALE Raven (Kitfox clone) factory kit. Partially completed. Fuselage is 2" wider than plans. Rotax 582 new in the box. Warpdrive 3-blade prop, All fiberglas included (cowling, seat buckets, wingtips). Landing gear with wheels and tires, Matco tailwheel, fuel tanks, struts, flaperons, engine mount, tail feathers. Wings assembled. E-mail for pictures. • Contact Patrick Weeden - EAA CHAPTER 431, Owner - located Brodhead, WI USA • Telephone: 608-897-1175 . • Posted April 26, 2017

Posted

That's a good price on just the engine and prop, if they are 'new in the box' as advertised.

Mark

Posted

So what exactly is a Raven? I can't seem to find much info on them, other than some people trying to sell CDs of plans. What does "factory kit" mean? Was there a company that built the fuselages in a jig? The pictures they have posted look pretty good. Seems like kind of an interesting project. Mike

Posted

That usually means someone took a wrecked Kitfox or couldn't get the paperwork done,  fixed it up and is selling it as a Raven either way Im sure it would make some one a nice plane

Posted

There was someone who reverse engineered the Kitfox or Avid enough to make up a set of plans that you could build a Raven off of.  I've heard the plans were not real good, but some Ravens have been built.  Here is a video showing one flying.  Notice the door shape.  Judging from that, it was an Avid A or Kitfox 1 that was copied.  I wouldn't doubt that Avid or Kitfox parts got used in some of them.   JImChuk

Posted (edited)

I've got a mostly finished fuselage that the owner supposedly built from the Raven plans after he wrecked his Kitfox 1 - I know that his Kitfox parts were not used because I had them.  It looks the same as the Kitfox 1, but don't have the engine mount donuts on it - guess a few minor changes would make it like an Avid A?  I have the CD somewhere.   I think it weighs about half as much as the "heavier than Kitfox 4" fuselage I am working on for my Foxy Flapper.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO