First time on the trailer

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Loaded up 1581 today for the first time. Had to ream everything and do some tab tweaks to get the braces in. I had to modify my trailer to work with the 90" wide Hicountry gear. Plane is going to Highwing LLC for some fairing mods. Highly recommend test fitting everything before you ever trailer your bird. I've trailered 279 2000 miles on this trailer but this was a whole new beast today getting it loaded. 

IMG_8022.JPG

IMG_7998.JPG

Edited by C5Engineer
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure it will be nicely done if that guy works on it,

Posted

She's in good hands.

IMG_8070.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

That landing gear sure looks wide.  Is it wider than the bush gear you had on your other Avid?  Where did it come from?  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

That landing gear sure looks wide.  Is it wider than the bush gear you had on your other Avid?  Where did it come from?  JImChuk

It's 93" outside to outside. Yes it's quite a bit wider than my Airdale Bush gear on my other Avid. It was built by HiCountry here on the forum. There's a couple planes out there with this gear. Dynomike is running it with the 27" Dessers on his Soob powered Avid. If you ground loop this puppy you may want to reconsider taildraggin. 

Edited by C5Engineer
1 person likes this

Posted

So, Hicountry, how much is the gear?

Mark