NSI Subaru E-81 (118 HP) for sale

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

UPDATE 6-2018   -------  SOLD  --------

Ok, looks like I've finally come up with a game plan to move ahead with the Yamaha RX-1 repower, so I'll put my Subaru (400 TT) up for sale.

I will update the details when I get to the plane, and add pics.  But this is the motor that was found to have a small amount of metal and FOD (you could put it in a half a teaspoon) in the oil system in 2016.  It is running fine and has good compression but obviously is in need of an inspection and likely an overhaul.

More likely it would be a great spare parts opportunity for a NSI owner to help keep their Subaru flying in the future.

All logbooks, NSI manuals, and full Subaru service manual are included.  It has a nearly new NSI sprag clutch on it as well as spare parts including the original NSI sprag clutch that was operating well but developed a "whine" noise for the previous owner so he replaced with a new unit approx 100 hours ago.

Also included is the mount for a kitfox 5, all accessories: oil tank, alternator, ignition system, exhuast....  pretty much everything.  Basically a FWF except for prop and coolant expansion tank.

$1800

Located in Park Rapids Minnesota 

Please read the following post which details the metal in oil problem:

20170914_222404.jpg

20170915_103634.jpg

20171027_195957.jpg

20170915_104242.jpg

Edited by Yamma-Fox

Posted

Asking price?  EDMO

Posted (edited)

I dont know.  Not worth much, but it is a good backup motor for my plane so I dont want to give it away...

$1800 plus shipping?

It'd make most sense to a NSI guy.

Or for an airboat project since I'm pretty sure the FOD had been in the system for awhile, was likely one foreign piece that found its way in there somehow, and engine was (is) running great.  

In a non flying application I'd just run it and dip a magnetic probe in the oil tank once in awhile to see if any more metal is present.

Edited by MN Kitfox 2

Posted

If I didn't already have a EA81 I would buy yours quickly.  The cost of a teardown and rebuild is so cheap that it would be foolish to pass it up.  EDMO

Posted

Top posting here....  still available.

Posted

Stand by....

Posted

Sold yet?

Posted (edited)

UPDATE:    SOLD.

Edited by Yamma-Fox