Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spam Cans at UAA School

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just got this photo in an alumni booklet from the University of Alaska Anchorage Aviation Department where I attended school.  The white, green and yellow Cessna N4UA in left corner was restored and painted in School colors while I was there.  It was originally a faded blue and needed lots of repairs.  We also had some tube and fabric planes there when I went to school.  We also had 3 helicopters - one civilian type, and Two HU1E choppers that the school got from the Alaska National Guard.  The provision for that was that the Army OD paint and markings had to be changed ASAP, so we quickly painted them blue with brushes and rollers with house paint.  Just some old memories of a good time I had in Alaska.  EDMO

Scan0452.jpg

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this

Posted

I didn't know they had color cameras way back then !!!:lmao: That is pretty cool being able to have a photo you have great memories from . 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I didn't know they had color cameras way back then !!!:lmao: That is pretty cool being able to have a photo you have great memories from . 

That photo is new.  You are almost correct, but we only had drawings back then - Ask DeVinci - Cameras were not in use until about 1850.  Ha!  My best memory photos would be of the old Stearmans that I was flying in when young in the 1940's, but they all burned in my house in 1976 along with photos I took in Germany.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this