Bobcat/super cat with 503 rotax 3000.00

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys I've got a nice little bobcat/super cat for sale. (NEEDS TO GO HAVE NO ROOM FOR IT.)

Has a 22.6' wing span, open cock pit,  503 rotax engine. It's dual plug single carb, this was built off a set of blue prints and it was built to the specs, it Flys great easy to handle and a lot of fun, has 15 hours on engine, total weight is 397 pounds will let a set of the blue prints go with it.  It's located in byars oklahoma.

Engine runs great, plane needs a prop and a cable replaced in one wing,  and then your ready to go. Like to get 3000.00 but will also listen to offers

20160918_200045.jpg

20170126_151811.jpg

20160918_200411.jpg

20160918_202649.jpg

20170522_182247.jpg

20170522_182409.jpg

20170522_182314.jpg

20170522_182327.jpg

Edited by Lee
Update post

Posted

What type of kit was it if it was a kit?   What type of redrive?  Is it a duel spark plug engine?  Duel carb?  Has it ever flown?  Where is it located?  If never flown, are there any hours on the engine?  (was it on another plane before this one)  Any FAA paperwork?   I'm not in the market myself, but these questions might help to give more info on the plane.  JImChuk

Posted

Thanks for the tips jlmchuk don't know where my head was oh yeah got the grandkids lol. Anyway I'll get this updated and thanks again.

Lee

Posted

Bobcat?

Posted

Yeah it's a bobcat or super cat to some since it's open cock pit and the 503 rotax engine upgrade over the original plans. 

Posted

Is that a 502 (snowmobile engine) or a 477 (point type ignition)?  

The single ignition and lack of a gearbox probably means it isn't a 503...

Posted

Certainly not an ultralight at 397lbs. It would require an N number and Airworthiness cert with operating limitations to be legally flown. 

Posted

Is that a 502 (snowmobile engine) or a 477 (point type ignition)?  

The single ignition and lack of a gearbox probably means it isn't a 503...

The really early 503s were single ignition and it was common on these to run redrives due to the fwf set up. There's one of these on our field or something similar and he's been monkeying with the redrive set up for months. 

Posted

It is a 503 rotax no points

Posted

A friend of mine built this I build choppers and trikes (motorcycles) and I took it in in trade as his down payment on a custom trike. I watched him fly quite a bit and I even had a run twice but I choose too stay on the ground lol.