Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Weekend mods

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hopefully be a busy weekend for 279AF. Going to rerig my Flaperons back to where I had them. I talked to Dean Wilson today and he confirmed shortening the rod to lift a heavy left wing.Hopefully this fixes my roll issue. If not then back to the drawing board. Then I'm going to do the gap seals and finally install my new Matco 7" TW. Hopefully it will release just a tad earlier and I won't have to mess with steering arms. The arms on the Matco look a lot easier to mod than the Maule. And there's always the alternate arms that release at like 23 degrees instead of 41.

Ewwwww Ahhhhh

IMG_5590.jpg

Posted

Joey,

The new TW looks nice. I look forward to hearing how you like it.

My Avid has a little tendency to fly with the left wing low when the flap lever is fully down but it goes away if I pull the flaps slightly on. It doesn't sound like it is a pronounced as yours. I have never botthered to try to tweak the wing any to take it out because it was easy to correct with the slight movement of the flap lever. I will be moving my wings to the Fat Avid this summer and will have to rig them then so your findings will be very useful. Thanks for posting them.

Randy

Posted

Joey,

The new TW looks nice. I look forward to hearing how you like it.

My Avid has a little tendency to fly with the left wing low when the flap lever is fully down but it goes away if I pull the flaps slightly on. It doesn't sound like it is a pronounced as yours. I have never botthered to try to tweak the wing any to take it out because it was easy to correct with the slight movement of the flap lever. I will be moving my wings to the Fat Avid this summer and will have to rig them then so your findings will be very useful. Thanks for posting them.

Randy

Mine does the same thing..it's a trade off... Flight hands off in the pitch and have a slight left roll. If I pull on a little flap then I have to hold slight back pressure but it does not roll. It's a trade off I guess. I did put two turns in on my Rod end and it seemed to help some. That was the only thing I got done on my plane this weekend. The rest of the time I spent flying!! It was way too nice to work on it.