Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hello from Fallon Nevada

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Where to start. Bought a Kitfox Mk III last November. Trailed it from Washington to Fallon over Thanksgiving weekend. Has the grayhead 582 with the 3 blade Warp drive prop. Didn't fly it until January of this year.  I'm a 4 stroke guy (Harleys, VW, Continental, Chevys etc). But I 'll tell ya, this 582 really performs. Very impressive. Have about 15 hours in it now. 21 years in the Air force and Nevada Airguard (part time) as a crew chief. Worked F111s, and F4Ds in the Air force. RF4Cs, C130Es/Fs in the Airguard. Been working on airplanes seems like forever. Started when I was 12 years old, helping a family friend restore a Bellanca Cruiseair. It was grunt work, cleaning parts etc. But I was working on an airplane.

Anyways looking forward to participating in this forum. I have atopic for another part of the forum.

Rick

IMG_20170114_140131

Posted

Where to start. Bought a Kitfox Mk III last November. Trailed it from Washington to Fallon over Thanksgiving weekend. Has the grayhead 582 with the 3 blade Warp drive prop. Didn't fly it until January of this year.  I'm a 4 stroke guy (Harleys, VW, Continental, Chevys etc). But I 'll tell ya, this 582 really performs. Very impressive. Have about 15 hours in it now. 21 years in the Air force and Nevada Airguard (part time) as a crew chief. Worked F111s, and F4Ds in the Air force. RF4Cs, C130Es/Fs in the Airguard. Been working on airplanes seems like forever. Started when I was 12 years old, helping a family friend restore a Bellanca Cruiseair. It was grunt work, cleaning parts etc. But I was working on an airplane.

Anyways looking forward to participating in this forum. I have atopic for another part of the forum.

Rick

IMG_20170114_140131

Couldn't open the link, it's easy to post pictures or links to youtube videos on this site.  (even I can do it :-)  JImChuk

Posted

Cool looking bird! Welcome to the forum. My project came with a gray head, glad to here your having good luck with one. Mike

Posted

Welcome to the forum! 19 years Active Duty here over at Travis. If you ever get a chance fly down to Austin and say hi to Joe Pops Dory. Great area to fly. Thank You for your service and keep posting about your flying adventures.