Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Floor boards/ seat belts /tri-gear

2 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been going over this Avid and a few things I've found need addressed. Overall it's in great shape. 

I don't like the floor boards. When I got the plane it had black rubber mat covering the whole floor. It had swelled to the point that it was ugly and it was covered in 2 stroke oil from the oil reservoir (oil injected) leaking from a broken fitting. I cut the rubber mat out and it looks good underneath. It's your standard paneling made into four separate sections. I don't like how it's made and would like a better fit and color of stain. I was.wondering what you guys have done for flooring. 

Is their an upgrade to these seat belts? 

My plane does not have the provision for a nose wheel like other Mark IV's. I do have a complete nose wheel set up for an Avid and I'm giving some thought of welding the collector from my other airplane into this one. This is sounding like a winter project. I prefer a TD but my Father would like to fly this plane too and it would be nice to have the option of switching it around. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

Rvsimons

Posted (edited)

Some folks say that the tri-gear option makes the plane more sellable - I am one of them.  I used embossed aluminum sheet for my floorboards - Like floorplate, but .025 thick and it is more ridged than flat sheets - that might not be the best choice, but I didn't want plywood.  If you have 3-point car-type seat belts, then there is a Kitfox guy who got 165 stitches in his head with them who would tell you to get the 4-point belts with shoulder straps!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO