Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

snowmobile spring chart

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is a chart for various snowmachine springs that can be used for those of us making or modifying a spring type gear.

Snowmobile_Rear_Suspension_-_Front_Arm_Springs.pdf

1 person likes this

Posted

Good now all I need are measurements and I can start making you guys with tail draggers these new mains .

Posted

Have a look at this post thread. Also the link in the first post.  It has lots of info on the bush gear.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Have a look at this post thread. Also the link in the first post.  It has lots of info on the bush gear.  JImChuk

will do , any improvements need to be made ? Plus wouldn't I need a design for each style avid ?

Posted

no, the gear will bolt up from an A to a MK IV and a KF1 through 4... yes, lots of improvements need to be made to that design if your going to not be bending up people fuselages like all the other non tested "bush gear" has..... I beat the shit out of my gear on my plane first before I ship out something TLAR and call it bush gear.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, I am pretty touchy on the subject of people building "bush gear" then "testing" them out on pavement and grass strips.... If if has not been proven out and actually tested in real life rocks, tundra, bumps and beaches, getting dropped in and smacked around then to call it a "bush gear" is nothing short of a lie.  I offered to test out Bretts gear for him as well as the gear that Highwing was making.  Both declined and both bent up several people airplanes for them.. This not only puts a bad taste in people mouths but it put good flying airplanes in the scrap pile and that pisses me off.  :banghead:

:BC:

3 people like this

Posted

I know we're off topic a little here, but Leni how did your setup on full lotus hold up to the rough stuff (snow and ice).  Did the inflatable have enough cushion or could a guy bend stuff up easily?