Blocking off the Oil Injector 582

28 posts in this topic

Posted

My experience has been that there are good and bad folks in every profession. Judging any one of them as great, or horrible, rarely yield results with high accuracy.

That being said, I wish engineering school included designing, assembling and maintaining one's own creation as part of their final exam. Of course, I also wish every technician would be evaluated on their diagnostic skills. Too many 'parts changers' out there that only know the shotgun approach to repairs.

Just my two one hundredths of a dollar.

1 person likes this

Posted

Great thread guys! I just recently started flying a powered parachute that has injection. I found myself watching the oil tank like a hawk. It also makes me really nervous when it doesn't smoke when it's cold. Neither of my Avid's have injection but I'm tempted to add it back on to my MK4 that has the Poly tanks because there's really no way to mix oil in the tanks while X-country like I do with my B model. Granted I only do that a couple times a year so I'm also just thinking about getting a collapsible 5 gallon jug and mixing and pouring like usual. 

Posted

Great thread guys! I just recently started flying a powered parachute that has injection. I found myself watching the oil tank like a hawk. It also makes me really nervous when it doesn't smoke when it's cold. Neither of my Avid's have injection but I'm tempted to add it back on to my MK4 that has the Poly tanks because there's really no way to mix oil in the tanks while X-country like I do with my B model. Granted I only do that a couple times a year so I'm also just thinking about getting a collapsible 5 gallon jug and mixing and pouring like usual. 

I still have the complete oil injection kit from my mkIV . Has the pump and gigantic oil tank .