Position/STROBE/Tail LED Combo For Sale

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I sent Akflyer a set of these lights and he likes them.  New 12 Volt Very Bright LED Red & Green Position and White Strobe and Tail lights in a clear lens.  Right now I only have 2 sets of these to sell, but I may be able to get more if these sell.  No bulbs or Controller to buy - they are ready to hook up to wires and switch.  They are quality made in Russia.  It's hard to get a good photo of both of them when flashing, but I got one on position/tail and the other on Strobe.  I put a Hella position light next to them to show size - You can see that they are a little larger, and a lot brighter.

$160 including U.S. shipping - Foreign shipping may be more.   This is your chance before they go on ebay at higher auction price.  Let me know quickly if you want a set.   Just my luck to pick out 2 Green ones for the photo!   ;<)   I still have new Hella sets at $95 a pair shipped, but you buy bulbs - see ad on ebay for info, but will sell them here without charging shipping like on ebay.  EDMO

IMG_1683.JPG

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

What brand are they?

Posted (edited)

What brand are they?

I cant read Russian!  They look like quality work.  I get them from a guy in Russia.   I have to special order them.  

The wiring instructions are in English.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed - do you happen to have a set of the Kitfox tip stand offs to compare profile with your light housings?

Posted (edited)

Ed - do you happen to have a set of the Kitfox tip stand offs to compare profile with your light housings?

Doug,  I think I sold my wingtip light bases.  These LED strobes rubber bases measure 6 1/4" x 2 1/4" at widest points - maybe could be trimmed a tiny bit?.  They only need a small hole for the wires to go thru - not a large hole like Grimes. Appreciate a reply from someone who has Kitfox tip light bases to measure.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

here you go...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted (edited)

9460, FG or similar will make anything fit!  ;<)  Droop tips should be no problem.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Yeah, sure, everything's doable. I think with the thin chord of the KF Hoerner tip it might look a bit too bulky building up the stand off in this case. IMHO.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, sure, everything's doable. I think with the thin chord of the KF Hoerner tip it might look a bit too bulky building up the stand off in this case. IMHO.

Maybe so, but you gotta admit, They are really brighter and a lot more visible than Grimes or Hella regular lights.     EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Good deal and I would have bot them if they fit my tips better, just a personal aesthetics issue for me.

Posted

Good deal and I would have bot them if they fit my tips better, just a personal aesthetics issue for me.

Doug,  I just unwrapped them today - Haven't had a chance to examine them closely to see if base could be changed to smaller size - I will look at that tomorrow.  Thanks,  EDMO

Posted (edited)

Doug,  I looked at the lights today, and the lense is sealed to the base, maybe with epoxy, and the base cant be modified.  I guess these wont fit the Kitfox standoffs without modifying the standoffs.  I know you are wanting the best aesthetics for your $$$$$$ plane - Sorry that these Strobe lights wouldn't work for you.  Maybe if you buy an older Kitfox with droop tips I can get some lights for you?  Cheers,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

NOTE:  Barry Cole bought the last of these lights for building his Magnum.  See his posts.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO