Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Last week Birthday Fun

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Think I better post this. 

Last week it was my birthday and my Wife thought I needed to see the Ocean once.  She planned a fun trip to Maine. What a great time. Stayed at Bar Harbor on the coast and Inland at Moose head lake.   We climbed mountains, Hiked trails Saw the ocean for my first time, then for the best surprise she took me to the Owls Head transportation Museum I highly recommend it for a good time. 

0613171541.jpg

0613171541a.jpg

0613171541b.jpg

0613171542a.jpg

0613171545.jpg

0613171545a.jpg

0613171542.jpg

0620170755b.jpg

Edited by TJay
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Glad you had a good time and didn't become food for sharks!  I was raised by the swamps, Great Lakes and ocean - Flatlanders don't realize the dangers there.  The 10-year-old boy who was just killed by a log in the ocean in Gulfport lived near me. 

Great Photos.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

i am digging that wood fuse!!! :o And that cork screw motor??? :blink:

Thanks for sharing!!! Been to the Smith in DC. That should be on everyone's bucket list!

Posted

Really is amazing what was built years ago.  I went to an aviation museum in Hartford Ct a year and a half ago, went to the naval air museum in Pensecola Fl. last winter.  They have a B 29 in Ct.  Amazing how huge that plane is.  They even had a Flightstar  single seat UL like a friend of mine used to fly off my field.  Neat stuff, thanks for sharing TJay.  JImChuk

Posted

Glad you got to see the ocean and had an enjoyable vacation. Mike

Posted

Nice!

Posted

Greenville, Maine and Moose Lake is the location for the International Seaplane Fly In. That needs to be on every seaplane enthusiast's bucket list. First time I ever saw Folsom's DC3 on those EDO amphib floats I was hooked!