Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

COVERING ELV WITH TRIM Tab?

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I haven't covered an elevator that will have a trim tab attached by a piano hinge.  Do you temporarily attach the trim tab and line up and install the electric servo, then remove the piano hinge and tab and cover and paint the elevator and then rivet the hinge on?  Not ready to cover - just attaching servo now.  This is not built to any Kitfox plans.   Any help appreciated.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

I wish I had the answer but would like to know the same thing too . One day I'll do the electric trim bit for now I gotta deal with getting a stator so I can get back in the air . 

I haven't covered an elevator that will have a trim tab attached by a piano hinge.  Do you temporarily attach the trim tab and line up and install the electric servo, then remove the piano hinge and tab and cover and paint the elevator and then rivet the hinge on?  Not ready to cover - just attaching servo now.  This is not built to any Kitfox plans.   Any help appreciated.  EDMO

Posted (edited)

I wish I had the answer but would like to know the same thing too . One day I'll do the electric trim bit for now I gotta deal with getting a stator so I can get back in the air . 

I found a used Kitfox trim tab servo in my parts:  All it says is 6A SERVO MENZIMER AIRCRAFT COMPANY.  Does anyone know anything about it? 

I also found a new servo and all that is on it is MAC Inc.  On the wire near a round connecter is printed: TYK1-698-9001 Rev 03 933718  1600   Does anyone have info on this one?   I probably cant get an answer from Ray Allen Company until after the 4th is over.  

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I know the servo is for electric trim but the other I don't know . Are you using the 6a for your system ?

Posted (edited)

I know the servo is for electric trim but the other I don't know . Are you using the 6a for your system ?

I don't know yet - I want to learn more about both of them.   I think all MAC/RAC are 12v, but don't know how this one compares to the RAC2-10.   EDMO

I found a used Kitfox trim tab servo in my parts:  All it says is 6A SERVO MENZIMER AIRCRAFT COMPANY.  Does anyone know anything about it? 

I also found a new servo and all that is on it is MAC Inc.  On the wire near a round connecter is printed: TYK1-698-9001 Rev 03 933718  1600   Does anyone have info on this one?   I probably cant get an answer from Ray Allen Company until after the 4th is over.  

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Keep me posted . I'm looking into going electric trim for my plane . 

I don't know yet - I want to learn more about both of them.   I think all MAC/RAC are 12v, but don't know how this one compares to the RAC2-10.   EDMO

EDMO

Posted (edited)

Keep me posted . I'm looking into going electric trim for my plane . 

RAC info@rayallencompany.com has a chart on their site for the # 2 models,  The 2-10 has a 1" travel - all of them are either 30 or 40 lb pull.  The #3 is only 1/2" travel, I think.  EDMO

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Menzimer is now Ray Allen, here is that servo, I believe. the T2-10A, 1" stroke, 40 lbs:

http://www.rayallencompany.com/products/servos.html

Neither of mine are marked T2 - I have to check out both the 6 Amp SERVO that was on a Kitfox, and the MAC T1.  Some are for aileron trim and others for elevator trim according to RAC application chart, and Kitfox is not listed - Guess they are not all the same.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO