Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Going through the Bing Carbs

6 posts in this topic

Posted

After a week away on vacation I started going through the Bing 54 carbs. While talking to Joey he asked if I had checked the air screws positions and checked the condition of the orings. I had not so I pulled the carbs apart and checked them a bit better. Sure enough I found the orings for on the air screws to be distorted and cracked. While looking over the rest of the gaskets and orings they looked servicable but aged. I ordered two rebuild kits from Bear Perkins. They should be here Friday. Picture attached. BTW anyone looking for a rebuild kit for the 54...Bear Perking was cheaper than everyone else. $35 a peice.

Vance

2017-07-04 07.19.43.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Fun stuff. You'll be happy knowing they are good to go at least.

1 person likes this

Posted

What is the power difference between the dual Bing carbs and a two barrel Holley?  I'm sure there has to be a weight difference getting rid of the heavy manifold.

Posted

What is the power difference between the dual Bing carbs and a two barrel Holley?  I'm sure there has to be a weight difference getting rid of the heavy manifold.

???? This is on a 2-stroke Rotax 582. 

Posted

Gotta be a Subaru.  Never heard of a Holly on anything else...

Posted

Gotta be a Subaru.  Never heard of a Holly on anything else...

Yes, I'm referring to a Subaru.