Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Catalina wings = Hauler wings?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a possible lead on replacement wings for my Avid Mk4 Heavy Hauler wings...was wondering if anyone could verify whether or not the Catalina uses those same exact wings?  Thanks

Troy

Posted (edited)

I have a possible lead on replacement wings for my Avid Mk4 Heavy Hauler wings...was wondering if anyone could verify whether or not the Catalina uses those same exact wings?  Thanks

Troy

Troy,  From one of the least knowledgeable about Avids - I think the Catalina and Magnum have longer wings - Maybe 32 to 36' span?   But, I am usually wrong on Avids!   I sold my Magnum book.  We've got owners of both on the site.  

I looked this up on Angelfire:  Magnum 33' wingspan - Catalina 36' span.    I am going to scan the page and post it on Files and Forms.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you..noticed that too. My avid's span is 29'10"...the cabin width included of course, which is 3'...I doubt the catalina is that much wider so the wings probably are not the same..

Posted

no they are not the same.  Much longer wings, longer struts and no tanks in the wings.