Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Photobucket is now dead

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I try to not run bandwidth up. I was doing what they call "third party hosting" with my photos.  In other words the pictures I posted here are now defunct.

Just an FYI if anyone is using it. I will be deleting my account. They want me to pay $400 a year to host my photos.. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Posted

It depends how much you have stored on their system.

I have 46 photos on my account and they are still 3rd party hosting for my photos.

I do find their website annoying filled with pop-up ads and very slow bandwidth.  I'd like to find a better option for when I need to 3rd party post.

Example:

Mangy.jpg

Posted

I've been using them for years. I recently had to pay for the first time but it was only $20 to increase my account into the multi gig range. I can't upload pics straight from my PC to here if I took on them on my DSLR because they are too big and it's a pain to resize.

Posted

Don't worry about running up the bandwidth here, I/ we pay for unlimited.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

It depends how much you have stored on their system.

I have 46 photos on my account and they are still 3rd party hosting for my photos.

I do find their website annoying filled with pop-up ads and very slow bandwidth.  I'd like to find a better option for when I need to 3rd party post.

I thought that too when others told me about it. Your time will come from what I see. I have Adblock Plus... They hate it!!

Posted

Don't worry about running up the bandwidth here, I/ we pay for unlimited.

:BC:

It physically won't do it I just get an error.

Posted

It physically won't do it I just get an error.

Probably just need to resize the photos.  Photos are limited to to a certain file size.

Posted

Glad you just posted Joey.  I just saw where a C 130 crashed and didn't remember what you are flying in, but wondered about you.  JImChuk

Posted

I think C130 crashes are rare - Wonder what caused that?  EDMO

Posted (edited)

I just got an email yesterday.  I guess it just took them a little while t get to me. 

According to the new feeds I've read, it looks like photobucket is circling he drain, but the email says you can still download your photos back local.  We better do it sooner than later.  

So, again, who is using what for image hosting?

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

I've been using them for years. I recently had to pay for the first time but it was only $20 to increase my account into the multi gig range. I can't upload pics straight from my PC to here if I took on them on my DSLR because they are too big and it's a pain to resize.

If you have a windows PC, it's pretty easy.  Microsoft Paint does it without much fuss.  Just open the picture with Paint, there is a 'Resize' option on the button bar.  Click that, then select 25% in the first box.  25% automatically shows up in the second box so the picture isn't distorted, click ok, then save the smaller picture under a different name so you don't lose your high resolution one.

If your picture is really big, or not as big, you might want a different %, but 25% works well for all the photos I've tried.

Mark

Posted

If you have a windows PC, it's pretty easy.  Microsoft Paint does it without much fuss.  Just open the picture with Paint, there is a 'Resize' option on the button bar.  Click that, then select 25% in the first box.  25% automatically shows up in the second box so the picture isn't distorted, click ok, then save the smaller picture under a different name so you don't lose your high resolution one.

If your picture is really big, or not as big, you might want a different %, but 25% works well for all the photos I've tried.

Mark

Still a pretty painful process when you are uploading 10 or more photos such as from a fly-in or a trip report like I frequently do.

Posted (edited)

I think one of the sites on the list I posted stated they limited file sizes to 3mb and they "auto" resized the photos to meet that requirement and retained the correct aspect ratios.

Edited by RobS