Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Get a Complete Cover Job Kit at Dealer Cost! (-20%)

4 posts in this topic

Posted

FYI...

Get a Complete Cover Job Kit at Dealer Cost!

This is your chance to try Stewart Systems Complete Covering System at dealer cost! The discount includes all parts of the kit from fabric to paint. To purchase this system at dealer cost (20% off), call 888-356-7659 with your EAA member number. For more information visit www.stewartsystems.aero.

Gotta pull the trigger quick on this one:

Offer available through February 25, 2010 and only to EAA members.

Posted

I am currently covering my Skyraider using the Stewart Systems.It is a pleasure using it as Im covering my plane at my shop where I work and I dont have much ventalation.There are no harsh chemicals and practically no smell.I have both wings finished and starting on the fuselage.Call Stewarts and get the 6 DVD and you wont have any problems.It is applied like no other so its important that you follow their method as descibed.They are very helpful if you need assistance. Randy

post-104-12659478467111_thumb.jpg

post-104-12659478822604_thumb.jpg

post-104-12659479189905_thumb.jpg

Posted

Randy-

I made up my mind to use these products a few years ago, can't afford to lose any more brain cells here! Plus, way cheaper to ship without the hazmat issues. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to cover yet.

Just as a heads up to anyone else in the same boat, I talked to Stewart Systems today and they said; a.) shelf life of the glue is not an issue, b.) fill and paints have approx. 1 year shelf life if you open and stir the solids good every few months, c.) if you buy your glue now they will code your account for the -20% discount on your future fill and paint order if necessary. I thought that was great customer relations, but it's probably cheaper for them to promise the discount than buy back old, out of date paint products to keep their customers happy. In any event, the products aren't likely to get any cheaper so I think I'll order the glue now at -20% off and lock in the future paint savings.

@Jack- How much glue and filler did you use for your Avid+ fuse and (if applicable) wing recover?

@Russ- Do you remember how much the Sun 'n Fun savings vs. regular pricing was last year? IIRC, it was up notably from the pricing at OSH '08 because of the Piper STC. Be interesting to compare those prices to the -20% price they offer now.

Thanks, Doug

Posted

Randy-

Doug,

I used about a gal of glue and 2 gal of filler. Best way to get an estimate is to call or email Margie at Stewarts and find out about what it would take to do a PA-15 sized a/c. Also ask about the different colors of primer/filler. It makes a big difference when you go to put the color coats on. If anyone is doing a class in your area I'd sure recommend attending.

Jack

I made up my mind to use these products a few years ago, can't afford to lose any more brain cells here! Plus, way cheaper to ship without the hazmat issues. Unfortunately, I'm not ready to cover yet.

Just as a heads up to anyone else in the same boat, I talked to Stewart Systems today and they said; a.) shelf life of the glue is not an issue, b.) fill and paints have approx. 1 year shelf life if you open and stir the solids good every few months, c.) if you buy your glue now they will code your account for the -20% discount on your future fill and paint order if necessary. I thought that was great customer relations, but it's probably cheaper for them to promise the discount than buy back old, out of date paint products to keep their customers happy. In any event, the products aren't likely to get any cheaper so I think I'll order the glue now at -20% off and lock in the future paint savings.

@Jack- How much glue and filler did you use for your Avid+ fuse and (if applicable) wing recover?

@Russ- Do you remember how much the Sun 'n Fun savings vs. regular pricing was last year? IIRC, it was up notably from the pricing at OSH '08 because of the Piper STC. Be interesting to compare those prices to the -20% price they offer now.

Thanks, Doug