Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need a replacement gas strut but...

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Can't find it on McMaster Caar anymore where I got em the first time. Found this Part number from SUSPA directly but it was 4-6 weeks out and shipping was more than half the cost of the strut. Anyone bought these recently? I don't need the ends. 

IMG_9324.JPG

Posted

9416K12 - McMaster?  EDMO

Posted

I did a write up on here 8 years ago with part numbers...duh...thanks EDMO

Posted

I did a write up on here 8 years ago with part numbers...duh...thanks EDMO

I copied that from WyPaul's post I searched on "gas door struts" because I wanted to remember that number - and of course, forgot it.  ;<)  You can thank him.   He also recommended 50 lbs instead of 40.   EDMO

Posted

I posted somewhere on here what I bought.  Mine are also 50lbs .

Posted

McMaster Carr is a great company and they have a strut for every application. Beware that you get the length right, I bet each of our doors has a different strut length, but the catalog lets you pick a strut at almost any length. I bought a pair of struts with a part number that was posted, and they are about 1" too long for me, but McMaster Carr will take them back and refund, which shows that they are a good house. The right length are on their way to me right now.

Go to the add a fitting page:  https://www.mcmaster.com/#gas-struts/=18kvqga     Don't forget to add the fitting length to get the total length

Posted

Bought my replacement struts off Ebay Motors. Typed in part number, and it came right up.

Posted

I found em on McMaster Carr. Ordered two #50 ones. When the one side went bad it wasn't weak at all it just went from working to totally flat. Guess I must of hit the 25,000 cycles lifespan.

1 person likes this

Posted

For longer life from gas springs, install with rod end down, this helps keep the seals in better condition with less leakage.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good to know I never even thought of that! Thanks 

Posted

My struts have it marked rod end down . Not sure if every brand does it but it definitely made it easier to install.