Question about what type of Avid is this, I think it´s a C model and seller says that is a MarkIV

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I attach three pictures of an Avid for sale. Seller says that it is a Mark IV because the rudder is round, but I think it is one of the last C serie models, What do you think?.

Thank you veery much in advance :-)

Pedro

Spain

Avid3.jpeg

Avid2.jpeg

Avid1.jpeg

Posted

Hard to tell from this pictures. The round tail doesn't mean anything as many people put those on earlier models. The serial number would help. 

Posted

Get a picture of the rear wing attachment point.  There are some diagonal braces there on the MK IV that I don't think are on the earlier ones.  If you look at this picture, you might be able to see what I'm talking about.  Try looking at he rear wing spar connection point.  Center, near the top of the picture.  See the additional plates there on either side of the tube the rear wing spar bolt goes through.  Also, look lower and you can see the extra tubing there for a shock absorber type door hold open to attach to.  I think that was also an addition on the MK IV.  JImChuk

Bent tubes Avid MK IV 001 (Large).jpg

Posted

Thanks for yout replies!, It is a C model!, it doesn´t have this plate in the rear wing attachment :(

Regards.

Pedro

Posted

I snapped a couple of pics tonight when I was working on the MK IV.  They show those plates a bit better.  Also the door hold open tubing.  JImChuk

Photo0890.jpg

Photo0892.jpg

Photo0891.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello JlmChuk, thank you very much, it is a very useful information for me, now I can confirm that it is a Avid C type. Regards.

Pedro