Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

fuel line sizing??

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I noticed I have from 3/8" all the way down to 1/4" fuel lines in my fuel system. What size is correct for the line from the gascolator to the pulse pump? Right now they have 5/16" coming out of the gascolator into a fuel filter which reduces down to 1/4" at the pulse pump. Should there even be a filter in this line? My build manual does not show one. I have a fuel system diagram from a Ktfox 4 that shows mostly 5/16", but it doesn't say anything about engine size and the tanks are much larger than mine. Mike

Posted

Mine is all 1/4 inch id . Going from my tank to gascolator I have a filter then after my pump I have a filter on each carb line into the carbs. Hope this helps 

1 person likes this

Posted

Mine is all 1/4 inch id . Going from my tank to gascolator I have a filter then after my pump I have a filter on each carb line into the carbs. Hope this helps 

Thanks for the reply chopndrag. I should have indicated I.D. in my original post glad you could see thru my old timer faxpax. In my Kitfox 1 and 2 manuals they indicate 1/4"ID line from the fuselage mounted tank to the carbs. I think I will change it all over to 1/4"ID line from the wings all the way to the carbs.  Mike

Posted

No problem , the primer line is 1/8 inch and everything else is 1/4 . I'm pretty sure that's standard on most planes . Steve

1 person likes this