Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid wing tank repair

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Does someone know what is used in the avid tanks to bond the baffles to the inside of the  tank, it looks like a white or yellow epoxy maybe. I had a tank gas cap stop venting and the tank expanded enough to seperate the inner baffles off the tank,

Posted

I don't have an answer, but I think Hysol 9460 and Scotch Weld 2216 are not  affected by fuel once they set up.  JImChuk

Posted

Does someone know what is used in the avid tanks to bond the baffles to the inside of the  tank, it looks like a white or yellow epoxy maybe. I had a tank gas cap stop venting and the tank expanded enough to seperate the inner baffles off the tank,

Are the baffles moving about, or just partly separated from part of the tank?  As long as they are holding in place I don't think it would be a problem, although it is cause for worry.  I would think that the same epoxy that was used to make the tank was what held the baffles in place.  EDMO   

Posted

The bottom on  of the baffles and completly seperated from tank and theres a small leak in the tank that im goimg to have to find and seal up,thanks Jim,I"ll check them out

Posted (edited)

What about using CASWELL?  That might do both things.  You wouldn't need to slosh - just pour it in with the tank leveled.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this