Avid 1581 is getting close

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Well I was issued my Airworthiness Cert on Jan 27 and I now have 4 hours on the bird. Today the wind was really ripping so I took advantage to see how slow it would it go. I hovered over the airfield with a groundspeed in the teens for about 20 minutes. Going downwind I opened it up and let it rip and I hit 126 mph groundspeed. I've never seen over 110 in my B model EVER even in a dive. Pretty impressive to see a 110 mph speed range on a 600 lb plane. I'm finally happy with my prop pitch so spinner goes back on next time I'm out. I'm ready to venture outside of the pattern with it as everything is working  really well and I'm gaining confidence in it every flight.

4 people like this

Posted

Gotta feel good.

Time to head east to your playground? Or don't people fly and gather in Idaho in the winter?

Posted

Well I was issued my Airworthiness Cert on Jan 27 and I now have 4 hours on the bird. Today the wind was really ripping so I took advantage to see how slow it would it go. I hovered over the airfield with a groundspeed in the teens for about 20 minutes. Going downwind I opened it up and let it rip and I hit 126 mph groundspeed. I've never seen over 110 in my B model EVER even in a dive. Pretty impressive to see a 110 mph speed range on a 600 lb plane. I'm finally happy with my prop pitch so spinner goes back on next time I'm out. I'm ready to venture outside of the pattern with it as everything is working  really well and I'm gaining confidence in it every flight.

I've got huge respect for builders like you who get things done.  There are two kinds of people in the world it seems, those who get things done and those who don't.  I fall into the latter class.