Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gun Case on Strut

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

I have seen many bush planes with gun cases on the strut.  Never heard of an issue but have not seen an Avid Flyer with a case on the strut.  Do any of you do this?  Is it safe?

Thanks

Picture_398[1].jpg

Posted (edited)

Yes - That has been done, but should be moved forward, from what is shown in photo, to center weight - can be laid on side and lashed to struts instead of jury strut.  (Electric trigger works good too!)  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Guns by definition are not safe.......:(

Posted

LOL.  Neither is flying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not to start a debate but, I sincerely hope you are kidding.

Posted

What's that quote Guns don't kill people dad's with pretty daughter's do !!! 

4 people like this

Posted

Then why do I have a gun safe???

2 people like this

Posted

Looks like there  is a fishing pole there also. My kind of flying.

Posted

Looks like there  is a fishing pole there also. My kind of flying.

Yep makes me want to leave work early and head to the hills and lakes.

Posted

yes you can strap it on there.  Ive done it many times.  Fishing poles as well!

Posted

With my Mk IV, I strapped gun cases, fishing poles, snowshoes, my quadriplegic buddy's walking sticks, and big caribou antlers but split the scull plate so had half on each strut.  I have not done moose antlers though which I am a bit leery of trying.  With my Avid+ I can fit most of it inside but do use my drop tanks on the struts now for long range.  Nothing better than in flight refueling!

DSCN2408-1.jpg

DSCN2416-1.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Great reply and photos Randy.  A little sideline about "Fake News" while on this subject:  Does anyone know what the legal definition of an "Arsenal" is?  The legal definition is "10 or more guns of the same type and caliber", but every news reporter, and some Police Officers, has used it to imply that if a person has more than one gun, no matter what type or caliber, then they have an "Arsenal".  This is just typical Political anti-gun BS aimed at an ignorant public.  Long live NRA!  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Uhoh what do they consider over 30 guns and a 50 bmg mixed in there ? If 10 is a arsenal I guess I'm in trouble . 

Great reply and photos Randy.  A little sideline about "Fake News" while on this subject:  Does anyone know what the legal definition of an "Arsenal" is?  The legal definition is "10 or more guns of the same type and caliber", but every news reporter, and some Police Officers, has used it to imply that if a person has more than one gun, no matter what type or caliber, then they have an "Arsenal".  This is just typical Political anti-gun BS aimed at an ignorant public.  Long live NRA!  ;<)  EDMO

Posted

10 of the same type.  30 different guns wouldn't fit the definition

Posted (edited)

10 of the same type.  30 different guns wouldn't fit the definition

Yes,  "10 or more of SAME TYPE AND CALIBER" - Other than that, there is no legal definition of "Arsenal".  Most of mine are different.  I wonder what might distinguish a "Collection", say of 10 or more 1911 Colt 45 Autos from an Arsenal, although there would be no intent to have an "Arsenal"?  ???  Good question for NRA or ILA?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ehhh I have a couple duplicates but not 10 of each . Gotta love Florida's laws about guns . My wife has family in Massachusetts and they say it's a pain to get some license to just own a rifle .

Posted (edited)

Missouri just got a new Republican Governor - Got rid of the Old Democrat who wouldn't contradict Oh Bummer or Ferguson - Now we don't need permits to buy or carry.  :BC:  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I guess I don't have an arsenal by that definition, but also have some duplicates.  What was it that Dick Cheney said when they asked him how many guns he had?  He said "more than I need but not as many as I want".  Glad I have avoided living in states that have such stupid gun laws but with our current governor and senior senator, who knows for how long?  Good to hear you made some progress in the right direction...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Webster's Dictionary says "a collection of weapons":Merriam-Webster Logo

Definition of arsenal

1. 1a :  an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment The city is home to a federal arsenal.

2. b :  a collection of weapons

Edited by nlappos

Posted

Webster's Dictionary says "a collection of weapons":Merriam-Webster Logo

Definition of arsenal

1. 1a :  an establishment for the manufacture or storage of arms and military equipment The city is home to a federal arsenal.

2. b :  a collection of weapons

Webster does not make the laws of our Country - They just try to explain our crazy, mixed up, borrowed language.  :lol:  EDMO

2 people like this