Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flaperon Angle

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Everyone,

What is the maximum angle setup for the flaperons before cross control takes over.  How do I setup the wing to measure the angle correctly?

Thanks for your help.

Posted

If you go much over 15 degrees your getting into shady territory depending on the winds and how much you throw your stick around and how far.  Gas through the tanks is going to go a lot further in bettering your technique than more flaps will do for you.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

I've found that much over 15 and my linkages will hit the turtledeck when you go full stick deflection. The manual in the files and forms area thoroughly describes the process for rigging the flaperons in the rigging chapter. I never use 15 degrees of flaps for landing unless I'm trying to get in REALLY short like 100ft short and the only reason for that is the added lift/stall margin not drag. With this technique I can fly an approach at 45-50 instead of 55 but your WAY behind the power curve and it takes a lot of power to drag it in. An engine hiccup would be an instant stall. If you watch the STOL boys this is how they land everytime. Most people fly their approach way too fast and then blame the airplane for their 1500ft landing roll. 

3 people like this