Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Magazines

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay.  This is an active bunch of flyers here who all stay pretty current with stuff. 

Who still receives AND READS mailed magazines any more?  I admit to getting several in the mail each month, but the only one I page through any more is Kitplanes.  AOPA and Sport Aviation I rarely even look through these days.  In my stack is a few issues (a gift) of Private Pilot.  I paged through the first one and that was about it.  

What mags do you get and do you read them?

Posted

Sport Pilot (Experimental) I read every month as it's part of my EAA membership. I cancelled my Kitplanes and AOPA mags 5-6 years ago. I have many back issues if you want some to read. I got a few issues of STOL magazine but even that was so far outta my league I gave up on it.

Posted (edited)

Sport is usually scanned thru and put in trash.  Kitplanes is read and keep about 1/4th of them.  I didn't give free AMT my forwarding address when I moved from Alaska because I am not going to work on large Jet airplanes now.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Down to EAA Sport Aviation and AOPA Flight Training mags only. I like reading both and the physical mags are a nice change up from my almost exclusive online reading. I get annoyed sometimes when I can't see content of an entire page at once or pics are split forcing you to scroll/swipe between two pages.

1 person likes this

Posted

Down to EAA Sport Aviation and AOPA Flight Training mags only. I like reading both and the physical mags are a nice change up from my almost exclusive online reading. I get annoyed sometimes when I can't see content of an entire page at once or pics are split forcing you to scroll/swipe between two pages.

Ditto right down to the last word. I really enjoy Steve Krog and Gregg Browns articles. Mike

Posted

I'm supposed to get eaa sport but my daughter's steal it when it comes . I did find there stash so there's a couple of months to read up on . 

Posted

I get Sport Aviation as part of my EAA membership but I toss them out after looking at them, I don't get magazines anymore. They pile up and become a nuisance . As far as Sport Aviation I will be Mr. Negative here for a second. They have several monthly columnists that I consider turds that can't seem to be flushed. Led by J Mac Maclellan, who has always been way out of place at a magazine aimed at a core group of experimental aviators. Kitplanes is trying but not enough for me to subscribe. I stand in the grocery store and read the rest of the aviation rags.

1 person likes this

Posted

Torch, rather than Mr Negative, I'd consider that comment as by Mr Spot-On in regard to Sport Aviation. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ha!  I've been watching the news too much. The PC bullshit is infecting my brain.

Posted

I get Sport Aviation, because of good how to's and am a member of the EAA. Air Classics and War birds International because I like the WW2 up thru the Desert Storm stuff (Crewchiefed RF4s in the first sandbox war).  "The Dispatch" because I'm a member for the CAF. EAA and the CAF send me an electronic version, but it just doesn't get my attention the same way as a magazine does.