Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can Anyone Compare F7 & F7A for Kitfox?

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just got a small truckload of late model Kitfox parts that I need to identify.  One box is all metal parts, pedals, torque tubes, door latches, etc., and maybe I have some F7A arms for differential ailerons, if that is what the Kitfox parts are called like the Avid parts are called.  Does anyone have the old F7 part to compare with newer F7A, maybe in photos or measurements?  I understood that there was a retrofit kit made for the Kitfox 3 for differential ailerons.

OR, did Kitfox just get rid of all the old parts and go to a completely new system in KF 5?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Kitfox 4 and later are all different from the earlier models.  Maybe you can post up a bunch of pictures of what you have. JImChuk

Posted

Kitfox 4 and later are all different from the earlier models.  Maybe you can post up a bunch of pictures of what you have. JImChuk

Maybe can post some pictures in next couple of weeks - lots of parts to look at and got a lot to do now.  EDMO

Posted

Here you go Ed.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0a985b83000f111d820802

Posted (edited)

Should have added above... The F7a was made for the Avid mixer, use with the KF 1-3 mixer was discussed in a thread some time ago. I compared the equivalent piece in the KF mixer, it was not exactly the same and along with the other dissimilar pieces in the KF mixer which led me to believe it would be of no use in the early KF. 

Also, there were control system retrofit kits available from Denny Aerocraft (and later Skystar) to convert KF 3 to Model 4 wings.

Link to the KF 1762 - Model 4 Control System Retrofit Kit #19065 Parts List.pdf

Photo of Kit #19065 attached >>>> HERE

More parts photos and descriptions in my big F/S: New unstarted KF3 and KF4 kits Classified ad >>>> HERE

Edited by dholly
1 person likes this