Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Oakland To Do (Aviation preferred)

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Stuck in Oakland for at least anothet 24 hours, drove out late last night to fix a Falcon 50EX.  Parts in order....

Looking for things to do, prefer aviation related and on a mechanics budget.

Headed over to the Oakland Aviation Museum now, there's a kitfox there.

Any suggestions?

-Shua

Posted (edited)

Stuck in Oakland for at least anothet 24 hours, drove out late last night to fix a Falcon 50EX.  Parts in order....

Looking for things to do, prefer aviation related and on a mechanics budget.

Headed over to the Oakland Aviation Museum now, there's a kitfox there.

Any suggestions?

-Shua

Stay away from USC & Berkley!  IMO, none of that area is safe, especially at night.   Yes, I am biased - I was there during  the 2000 riots in LA!  I will never go there again!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

This place is a dump.  You'd think with the taxes, regulations, tree huggers, progressives that this liberal Mecca would be utopia.  Far from it.   Ya, I'm biased too!

1 person likes this

Posted

I am an hour East.

Posted

I am an hour East.

Any place at least an hour away from LAX has got to be better - Well, maybe only East!  ;<)  EDMO

Posted

I am an hour East.

Any place at least an hour away from LAX has got to be better - Well, maybe only East!  ;<)  EDMO

Oakland is near San Francisco, not LA Ed.  Still a liberal hell hole.  I was there working once, we were upgrading a client's system.  We were working all night, they locked the parking gates when they left, no way to open them from the inside.  They advised us to not walk in front of the windows after dark, our silhouettes would be too tempting a target.  And they were serious.

We also had a lovely view during the day of the then collapsed Bay Bridge. 

I was very happy to get on the plane home, with no additional holes.

Mark

Posted

I'm sorry to offend, but there isn't enough money in the world to make me live in the metro areas of California.  They are all hell holes. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am an hour East.

Oakland is near San Francisco, not LA Ed.  Still a liberal hell hole.  I was there working once, we were upgrading a client's system.  We were working all night, they locked the parking gates when they left, no way to open them from the inside.  They advised us to not walk in front of the windows after dark, our silhouettes would be too tempting a target.  And they were serious.

We also had a lovely view during the day of the then collapsed Bay Bridge. 

I was very happy to get on the plane home, with no additional holes.

Mark

Yes, Mark - Thanks for the correction.  My cousin lived 2 blocks away from the Bay Bridge Highway.  All Big Cities are too much for me to live in again!  We have shootings every night now in St. Louis - It used to be only on the North Side, but now is everywhere in the City.  I keep my butt in the Country, and guns loaded!  EDMO 

Edited by EDMO