Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB Kitfox Leading edge cuff

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone have a Kitfox leading edge cuff they want to part with?  I used the set I got from Ed on my current wings but am finally getting to work on my new extended wings so thought I would ask before ordering from KF.

Thanks,

Randy

Posted

Hi Randy,

Do the cuffs improve the performance? If so in what direction better cruise speed or lower stall speed?

Best,

Rick

Posted (edited)

Hi Randy,

Do the cuffs improve the performance? If so in what direction better cruise speed or lower stall speed?

Best,

Rick

Rick,  The cuffs were designed for the Kitfox 4 Riblett wing.  They sharpen the leading edge a little and extend it about an inch.  I am sure that Randy can give you some performance differences when he gets back on here, if he sees this post, but you might send him a PM to get his attention.  He is not often on this site.  One thing for certain is that this plastic "cuff" protects your front spar from hanger bumps and things like that, and it cant hurt performance on Avid or Kitfox undercambered wings.   I would call it a "bumper" for the leading edge.  You can buy it from Kitfox, and they will also sell you the Riblett rib and flaperon hangers you asked me about.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO