Nearly a giveaway

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Want my Avid nearly ready for cover? I am ready to nearly give it away since no one wanted it with new Jab and digital instruments.  Located in GA it is a model C produced in 90 or 91 but never finished.  Serial number unknown.  

$4000 includes everything needed to finish it as well as tools, rolling wing rack, two sets of tires, 13 gallon tanks mounted in both wings, extended fuselage, fuel lines, stainless firewall, and a bunch more I can't remember since I am now on St. George Island, FL.

Please contact me directly via email (brian.schoonmaker@gmail.com) since I know nothing of operating on a forum.

Thanks

1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds like a good deal for someone 

what model jabaru?

Posted

Sounds like a good deal. I'd want to take a look but it is just to far away for me. Mike

Posted

Jab is a 2200, zero time I purchased in 2013

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

Posted (edited)

If I didn't have so many $$$$ invested in my project and getting closer to completion I would already have sent a check to you.  That's a Bargain.  And, If I didn't have an engine I would be buying it to get that Jab anyway.  Somebody should get this offer!  Where is Lostman?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Man that's only a few hour drive from my house .

Posted

Believe me, my wheels are turning.  If you were closer, it would be in my  hangar right now.  Just put  another hour on my Avid MK IV with a Jabiru engine on it this evening.  The Jab isn't a Rotax 912, but I think it has a 582 beat pretty easily.  JImChuk

Posted

That's true Steve.  Just hop on 441 northbound. The house is on Deerfield Landing airport so it is a really quick flight too.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would be on the way to Georgia to get that plane, but I think the divorce lawyers would not leave me anything here to come back to!  Ha!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

That's a great deal. I am seriously interested. Originally I was planning to buy next year when I get my license, but this is almost too good a deal to pass by. I just send you a message.

Posted

About 385 miles away . How come you aren't going to complete it ? Looks like you were doing a good job with it . If it's not my business no problem , just curious. I'm helping a guy right now that was on the edge of selling his project for a little bit . We went out did some work on it and now he's back into it . 

Posted

I moved from my airport home in GA to St. George Island, FL about a year and a half ago.  All the houses here are on stilts with little if any storage so I can't complete it.  No space.  I did bring the engine, prop and instruments with me since I can store them here and I hope to find someone who wants them.  They are currently for sale on Barnstormers.

I originally had everything (aircraft, engine, prop and instruments) - a $35+K value for sale for $20K but got no takers so now I am going to piece it out.

Check the photo below.  I even built an under belly storage system which is part of the deal.

Fitting parts.JPG

Posted (edited)

I'm almost afraid to ask - How much for the engine?  Prop?  Send me a PM if you don't want to post it. 

I tried searching Barnstormers, but couldn't find the ad.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

$16k takes everything.

i believe the Barnstormers ad says Jabiru For Sale

Posted

Is this a Speedwing or a STOL wing? Interested in the airframe if it is a STOL or Heavy Hauler

Posted

Heavy hauler wings with tanks and strobes.

Posted

I found a photo!

IMG_0172.JPG

Posted

where are you and what do you want for the engine, mount and prop?

Rick

Posted

Don't expect a quick reply, Brian is in FL. Or perhaps more accurately, on his way out of FL thanks to Irma.

Posted

He has an add on barnstormers for the engine 

Rick

Posted (edited)

Rick

Not wanting to butt-in, but he is /was in Florida - I think he said $4K for plane, or $16K for all - To me, that would be $12K for FWF?  Plane is not in FL, but engine was, so hope he finds a dry, high, place for it.... ???  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I know I made sure my hanger was straightened up and made sure my gantry was locked so my motor will stay about 4 ft off the ground . I'm sure he's keeping that motor safe that's a big investment compared to my little old 582gh

Posted

Hey everyone I am back home on St. George Island after escaping to central Georgia.  Funny thing is we lost power there but it only flickered here on the panhandle!  Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Lets talk airplanes and engines.  Both are safe and dry.  The airplane and associated goodies are in Eatonton, Ga.  The engine, prop and instruments are here on St. George.  I dragged it up the steps!  

I would really like to sell all so please contact me if you have a real interest.

Thanks, Brian

IMG_0225.JPG

Posted

I finally checked the length of the Sensenich ground adjustable prop.  It is 62".

I have heard nothing from anyone about my engine, prop or airframe.  Is it still priced too high?  Make an offer!

Posted

Anyone still out there following this topic?  If so, you win because I just dropped the price again.

Just $3000 takes my airframe, fabric, dope, glue, stitching thread, two sets of tires (different sizes), wheel pants, two cowls, tools, hardware, extra this and that, etc - you get the idea!  There literally is much much more too.  Want a work table on castors?  That too.

All you need is a truck or trailer to pick it up in central Georgia.

Call Brian at 706-816-0383