BIG NEWS: Avid is BACK IN BUSINESS!

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I wish Mark the best of luck in the enterprise.  There is a huge leap going from employee to a business owner.  I don't see a one-man part-time show putting an airplane into production.  It takes a group of employees with a variety of talents, and particularly in the airplane business, attention to detail.  I was suprised to see on the web site that the Avids were made of 4140 steel tubing and 6160 aluminum.  Hmmm... it just doesn't sound right to me.  And, yes, no matter how busy you are, you have to answer the calls and e-mails, even if you have to set aside one afternoon per week to do it.

2 people like this

Posted

It is a very tough business to get into and stay with.  At the end of the day, making small parts to keep the fleet in the air is nothing much more than a labor of love.  The time it takes to produce small parts as well as the tooling and materials costs makes the profit margins extremely low.  Funny what a person will pay for a slight increase in performance, versus what they are willing to pay for a small part that would keep the plane in the air.

If proper testing and proving is done then its an even smaller profit margin unless you are able to move the parts on a very large scale.

:BC:

4 people like this

Posted

Funny what a person will pay for a slight increase in performance, versus what they are willing to pay for a small part that would keep the plane in the air.

Ain't that the truth! 

2 people like this

Posted

Just wondering how the new Avid co. Is doing? Is there any advanses in the start up? 

Posted

I think you may make a LOT of money. With kitfox's popularity (Mostly because of Trent i think) these planes are just going to keep getting more popular. And i agree with the guy above. someday im going  to want some heavy hauler wings.

Posted

I can't seem to get on to the avid kit plane website, have they stopped trading again ? 

Posted

I can't seem to get on to the avid kit plane website, have they stopped trading again ? 

wonderful is short - as the girl said... 

1 person likes this

Posted

Where have I heard that before? ;)

Posted

I just ordered and paid for a extended speed wing kit. They contacted me with in a few days of my request. 

Posted

That's great news!  Just to clarify, is that the speed wing extension kit he shows on the website, or a complete wing?

Posted

The speed wing extension kit he shows on the website.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ho aspettato molto tempo per ricevere questa notizia! Avid è sotto una nuova proprietà! Con orgoglio vi presento Mark Mendick. Mark è un ingegnere dell'Iowa. Per favore, tieni presente che tutto questo è ancora molto nuovo e per favore sii paziente mentre Mark si alza e funziona. Ho parlato personalmente con Mark ed è entusiasta di farlo decollare.

Mark si concentrerà innanzitutto sulla realizzazione di parti dalle stesse maschere e attrezzature originali utilizzate negli anni '90 per i clienti che hanno trascorso anni alla ricerca di parti che si adattassero alla loro Avid. Man mano che l'impianto di produzione prenderà forma, passeranno alla produzione su vasta scala, alla produzione e alla spedizione degli stessi kit Avid facili da assemblare di cui le persone si sono innamorate a un costo che rende il volo alla portata di tutti.

Lo sviluppo del business di Avid è ancora nelle prime fasi. Mark sta lavorando a una presenza online, smistando vecchi elenchi di parti e manuali e impostando l'impianto di produzione. Se tu o qualcuno che conosci avete delle foto che vorrebbero condividere prima, durante o dopo la costruzione, gli piacerebbe vederle e magari includerle nel suo sito web! Gli piacerebbe anche parlare con chiunque cerchi parti Avid. Questo include tutto, da un'ala completa fino a una staffa del pedale del timone. Proprio come Avid negli anni '90, Avid oggi si rifornirà solo dai fornitori di materiali di altissima qualità sul mercato. Si impegnerà a prendere in considerazione l'input dei clienti mentre rivitalizzano questa azienda e sono così entusiasti di incontrare tutti gli appassionati di Avid.

Se avete domande o desiderate maggiori informazioni, non esitate a inviare un'e-mail a Mark a  mmendick@avidkitplanes.com .

bella notizia  finalmente