Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Value of heavy hauler wings??

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I've got a set of HH wings that need new rib tails installed on them.  I'm thinking about doing that, probably cover and spray out to white with polyfiber, or maybe even just to the silver.  I know at times guys with short wings would like to go to the longer wings.  Any guesses on what those wings would be worth ready to go like I mentioned?  They have 14 gallon tanks in them.  They are from a C model but they are the .083" spars with 12" spacing on the ribs.  I do have the flaperons for them as well, maybe they would go with the wings or maybe not.... JImChuk

Posted

Jim I've seen asking prices of $2500 for a good set. I just got a PM today from a guy looking for for a set of full span flaperons and I know of another guy that is going to be needing a set.

Posted

Jim- I'm the guy who contacted Joey.  I would be interested in your wings and flaperons, Please shoot me a PM or email.

Thanks!

-Philip 

Posted (edited)

Jim,  I wont set a price on your wings, but just for info, I have a copy of a Kitfox invoice for a wing kit dating from a couple of years ago, and I imagine the price may have gone up now.  The complete parts kit was $5500.   I've got a set of Kitfox 3 wings with tanks, droop tips and flaperons that need new cover and one needs new tails, but I'm still working on my plane.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ya Ed,  factory parts aren't cheap. And you still have to put them together.  Philip, I'm still thinking and planning my next project, not sure what I'll do next.  Maybe PM me your # and I'll call you??? JImChuk

Posted

Ya Ed,  factory parts aren't cheap. And you still have to put them together.  Philip, I'm still thinking and planning my next project, not sure what I'll do next.  Maybe PM me your # and I'll call you??? JImChuk

I forgot to add, that the parts kit from Kitfox don't include fabric, glue or paint - and all the labor that goes into building and finishing.  Add that too.  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed, if you keep talking, I'll be asking more for the wings then a flying airplane.  :-)  Just kidding of course....  You are correct in what you say though.   JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed, if you keep talking, I'll be asking more for the wings then a flying airplane.  :-)  Just kidding of course....  You are correct in what you say though.   JImChuk

I guess, since I built my wings from scratch, damaged the fabric and some ribs on trip from Alaska, rebuilt them, then modified, modified, and modified them, I have a lot more time and sweat invested in my wings than most, so I really appreciate a set of finished wings you can just hang on your bird.   EDMO  

Posted

Jim, thanks.  # sent.  

-Philip