Landing gear

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I have 2 sets of tail springs for the Avid.  I also have a aluminum spring gear (Grove) which may need to be straightened somewhat. IDK for sure.  Will sell all at very reasonable  offers.

larry

Posted

Are they 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" wide?  JImChuk

Posted

If Jim doesn't get the tail springs I might be interested. Howbout some  pictures? Thanks

Posted (edited)

How about more info on Grove spring gear?  Photo & price too?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Hello Larry,

Sounds like a bad day may have involved - sorry to hear if that's the case. I'm interested in the Grove gear and a 1 1/2 " tail spring. What's the best way to contact you? My phone is 2one8 3nine1 1844.

Edited by marcusofcotton

Posted

If Jim doesn't get the tail springs I might be interested. Howbout some  pictures? Thanks

I'm not really interested in the tail springs,  I was just trying to clarify what Avids they would fit for others.  Avid MK IV used an 1 1/2" wide one earlier models were 1 1/4" wide. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm not really interested in the tail springs,  I was just trying to clarify what Avids they would fit for others.  Avid MK IV used an 1 1/2" wide one earlier models were 1 1/4" wide. 

Same here on the Grove Spring Gear - What model is it for and how badly bent is it and what price, and does that include attachment parts.  If it is old type 2024 aluminum it can cost as much as a new 7075 spring to have Robby straighten and re heat treat it.  The serial number should be stamped on the front of it in center.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for all the responses.  I will try to get all the info posted this morning.  

I am not postive that the Grove is bent.  My tail broke several years ago, and the insurance company fixed it.  I want to use the "bush gear", so we went that route.  I will look it over real good and report back.  Unfortunately, the repair facility threw out the mount brackets!  Double upset!  I am just about to leave the house for 2 days, but will get details asap.  Mean time, you can email me LJ@nitrams.net  I also have axles 3/4" bolt ons.  Details to follow.

Posted

The tail springs are 11/2", one set has been used, the other set is new.

The main gear (Grove) is probably 2024.  I don't think it is bent.  I will check this week.  Pictures should be available this week too...

Posted (edited)

The tail springs are 11/2", one set has been used, the other set is new.

The main gear (Grove) is probably 2024.  I don't think it is bent.  I will check this week.  Pictures should be available this week too...

Just for info - Grove gear for Kitfox Taildragger is 22" axle to top of spring - Tri-gear spring is 16" - Imagine Avid is about the same except maybe a few inches narrower on the span.  These gears were made for different models and gross weights too.  Grove catalog gives specs.  Unless 7075 is stamped on it with serial number it is 2024 aluminum.   I have the 22" Kitfox 5+ 7075 and it gives me a little more height with my tri-gear, wider mains, and 1550 max landing weight on my beefed-up fuselage.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Here are the pics of the gear, axles, tail springs.  I have 2 sets of springs.  I don't recall how I got them...  one set I did not use  and is from Brett.  In the rebuild I wanted his bush gear and a tapered tail spring like I had one the Skybolt.  These have been sitting around for a few years.  I am not sure if the main gear is tweaked or not.  It shouldn't be.  I was going to sell it years ago, then got discouraged when I didn't get the mounts back.  (that was also during the fall of the economy and all)  Anyway, the gear is available.  I have a freind with a very good eye for detail who will look it over carefully.  I will post more picires at that time.  The axles are for the Grove gear, and also a set for the tubular gear.

You can contact me directly at LJ@nitrams.net

Thanks

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

Edited by larryMar
additional info

Posted

I'm interested in a tail spring. How much for one? Thanks, Bryce

Posted

Here are two  pics showing different dimentions for Avid aluminum gear.  Which one is yours?  Also, can you post some pictures showing the entire landing gear?  Thanks,  JImChuk

avidmk_trir.gif

avidmkr.gif

Posted

At this time, everything is sold.  If anyone chooses not to purchase, I will repost at a latter date.

Thanks,

larry