Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

EA-81

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm looking at buying an aircraft with the NSI EA-81 Subaru engine. It has one of the coils removed and missing. Has anyone had to replace this system? Wondering what would work  in the place of the stock units?

Posted

I've got a complete engine with taxi time only on it. Been sitting for quite awhile. 

Posted (edited)

Just guessing that you could contact one of the current EA81 conversion companies and see what they suggest - RAM is one, and I cant think of who the other is now.  Does that engine have dual plugs, or just dual coils?  I have an EA81 with single ignition.  I have never heard of a coil failure on modern 4 stroke car engines, but there was one that had a distributer rotary button failure that caused a crash.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

C5 Engineer. I'm afraid to ask, you know the saying "If you ask how much, you probably can't afford it."  So, what are you looking to get for the EA81?

Posted (edited)

And I have a NSI subaru that was flown regularly until last fall when I found a small amount of metal in the filter.

I decided against rebuilding it so I posted it for sale.

It is complete with extra ignition parts, full logs, all the NSI manuals and the e81 service manual, and a lot of other extra spare parts.  See listing below, and PM me if you are interested.   Brett

Edited by MN Kitfox 2