Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why is this here??

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, as most of you know, I have an issue with heavy handed moderators editing out content on a vendor who is not "supporting the forum"  Recently I made a post on another site stating the AWESOME customer service I got from a small mom and pop mining supply place.  When I say AWESOME I do mean awesome.. I was tempted to ask the gal if she was married or not :lmao:Low and behold, a moderator came by and edited out the name of the business as they were not and advertiser on their site.  Pissed me off so here we are.  If anyone has any issues with me expanding the forum and opening it up to another passion of mine ( I am talking about the contributing members that we have on here) speak up and I will gladly refund your money, after all, I have promised that this is our site, not just mine.

Not sure if others will join in here but who knows, maybe we can generate more pilots as we all know that a person crazy enough to chase gold probly would love a plane to get out into the remote areas that are untouched to find some.. what better way to get a guy and his gold pan into the back country than with an avid or kitfox!

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

No problem for me, the more the merrier!

Mark

2 people like this

Posted

No problem for me, the more the merrier!

Mark

Awesome!  And thanks for the $ mr!  You guys rock!!

1 person likes this

Posted

This is by far my favorite forum. HBA sucks there's a bunch of people that will take the dumbest subject and make a 14 page thread about it.  If you ask a legit question maybe 1 person will answer . I like the fact that everybody here talks about there other hobbies and things they like to do . I came to this site when I was looking at my avid and got every question I asked answered with multiple suggestions . Hell you even let me post about my damn lawnmower giving me problems and I had a couple guys give me good pointers with that . Sorry for the long post but I'm 120% with you on this . Just to bad there's no gold in florida or I would be out looking too . Keep up the good work on this site I can't thank everyone that's ever helped me enough . 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, as most of you know, I have an issue with heavy handed moderators editing out content on a vendor who is not "supporting the forum"  Recently I made a post on another site stating the AWESOME customer service I got from a small mom and pop mining supply place.  When I say AWESOME I do mean awesome.. I was tempted to ask the gal if she was married or not :lmao:Low and behold, a moderator came by and edited out the name of the business as they were not and advertiser on their site.  Pissed me off so here we are.  If anyone has any issues with me expanding the forum and opening it up to another passion of mine ( I am talking about the contributing members that we have on here) speak up and I will gladly refund your money, after all, I have promised that this is our site, not just mine.

Not sure if others will join in here but who knows, maybe we can generate more pilots as we all know that a person crazy enough to chase gold probly would love a plane to get out into the remote areas that are untouched to find some.. what better way to get a guy and his gold pan into the back country than with an avid or kitfox!

Better find out if that "Gal" has the gold before you jump into the pan again!  ???  Anything you want to add is fine with me - Awesome Site!   Awesome members!   :BC:  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

This is by far my favorite forum. HBA sucks there's a bunch of people that will take the dumbest subject and make a 14 page thread about it.  If you ask a legit question maybe 1 person will answer . I like the fact that everybody here talks about there other hobbies and things they like to do . I came to this site when I was looking at my avid and got every question I asked answered with multiple suggestions . Hell you even let me post about my damn lawnmower giving me problems and I had a couple guys give me good pointers with that . Sorry for the long post but I'm 120% with you on this . Just to bad there's no gold in florida or I would be out looking too . Keep up the good work on this site I can't thank everyone that's ever helped me enough . 

right on.. we are the misfits here.  we all tend to think out of the box at times.. ok, most of the time.. hahahaha.  Thats what makes this site what it is and what keeps me going!  Thanks for the kind words mr!

Better find out if that "Gal" has the gold before you jump into the pan again!  ???  Anything you want to add is fine with me - Awesome Site!   Awesome members!   :BC:  EDMO

uhhh, im out of the pan and full in the fire at this point trying to get out of this one with anything less than 3rd degree burns over 100% of my body.. there is no next gal.. also found out that AK does not recognize prenups so the I guess its going to be on pay as needed basis from now on!  if it flys floats or f$%ks its cheaper to rent right :dunno:  hahahaha

1 person likes this

Posted

right on.. we are the misfits here.  we all tend to think out of the box at times.. ok, most of the time.. hahahaha.  Thats what makes this site what it is and what keeps me going!  Thanks for the kind words mr!

uhhh, im out of the pan and full in the fire at this point trying to get out of this one with anything less than 3rd degree burns over 100% of my body.. there is no next gal.. also found out that AK does not recognize prenups so the I guess its going to be on pay as needed basis from now on!  if it flys floats or f$%ks its cheaper to rent right :dunno:  hahahaha

I sure didn't know that prenups were not valid in AK - Guess it was a good thing that my X filed in MO instead - Only cost me child support and I got the house in Anchorage.   Yes, renting is sometimes a LOT cheaper!  :BC:  EDMO

Posted (edited)

I left my gold location maps for the Sherpa pilot who bought my Anchorage house.  His in-laws were gold miners.  Figured my Alaska time was done.  Remember the time a dozer driver dug up a 22 pound nugget somewhere around Fairbanks?  That was commercial mining tho.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

It's fun to play with getting out prospecting and my daughter loves to dig for "pirate treasure"  The hardest part is getting her to not grab the pan and dump it when she wants to see what kind of treasure we found :lol:

Anything that gets the kids outdoors to spend time with me is good in my book.. maybe one day it will turn into something more than a hobby.  There are a few items that I am working on designing / producing that are not commercially available.  Testing and tuning if fun for me and building prototypes gets me going!

When the weather is raining and winds blowing and I can't fly I may as well do something constructive to get out of the house :lmao:

1 person likes this

Posted

Some scrap metal I have collected in NC and SC over some 20+ years. What's in the pan was from last outing on French Broad river...good hobby. Usually run a small highbanker with a small Honda pump.

IMG_20170917_091858131_HDR.jpg

2 people like this