Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IRMA COMING !!!

60 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thanks , the boredom has already set in though. They still can't make up there mind about my area at all . Luckily I have a newer house that had to get built to higher wind specs . Hopefully nothing real bad happens , I kind of live around a pocket of trees and woods so I'm not sure how much wind we'll get. I was just outside and the tree tops are moving pretty good but barely any wind at my house . Who knows what's going to happen just gotta ride it out . My youngest daughter and I are learning how to make play doh cakes and pies to pass the time .

Nothing else but IRMA on the TV channels we watch, so we are hoping for the best for all of you.   EDMO

20170909_221416.jpg

Edited by chopndrag
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I still haven't figured out exactly where you are.  ???  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

West coast about 70 miles west from Disney. Look up Weeki Wachee mermaids , I'm right around there.

Posted

West coast about 70 miles west from Disney. Look up Weeki Wachee mermaids , I'm right around there.

Got it - You are above Tampa - I thought below.  EDMO

Posted (edited)

Man, batten down the hatches and keep your family safe CnD. I'm sure the rain and wind has already started but it looks like you're going to get a real ass whipping when the backside goes by. Fire up the genny and live stream some of that sheit!

lol, I've been checking out Periscope for videos in Irma's path and just about everyone streaming is stoned out of their gourd. Fukin' younger generation is chock full of dipshits living in LaLa Land who have absolutely no clue just how quick Life can slap you silly. Guessing this will be a real eye-opener for some of them!

Edited by dholly
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah unfortunately my generation are a bunch of idiots. So far just some wind and rain . We're not in a evacuation zone and are hoping the trees around will keep blocking most the wind. Flooding for us isn't a concern either we're up on a hill so the street might flood but we do have a big drainage ditch just down the street the size of a football field. I'll be taking some pictures and videos but it's not going to be in my area until tonight. 

Steve

Posted

Yeah unfortunately my generation are a bunch of idiots. <snip>

lol. I wasn't aiming at your gen specifically, we all got our issues, eh?

Be safe, good to hear you are in a decent spot to ride it out. I hope you don't take a hit to the pocketbook on this one. Water damage is a beotch!

Posted

I'm more worried about my plane then anything. They just reported 2 tornadoes where my hanger is . We're as ready as we can be at home . I'll aim at my generation no problem I know to many people that are just flat out idiots and they probably will never grow up . 

Posted

Good luck to you guys down there ,we been burning up and on evacuation alert pretty much all summer from fires and need rain hopefully we can take some of that out of that monster, be safe

Posted

So far so good . Looks like they already removed the little tree that fell in the yard next door. They're starting to give certain areas curfews now . 

Posted

Well it looks like it's dropping to a category 1 or 2 hurricane by the time it hits my area. So far it's just been a normal rainy day. My wife still insists on making a bunker in the hallway of my daughters rooms for all of us to sleep in . 

1505086984456759780164.jpg

15050871162461897035899.jpg

1505087209267-1965587650.jpg

Posted (edited)

Sounds like something I would do - If I was still at home!   Last report showed it should be about at Lakeland now.  Guess we will get some reports tomorrow.  At least we don't have to worry about the siding and roof blowing off of Mark's hanger.  ;<)  I saw Zephyr hills on the TV map too.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Zephyrhills is where my plane is at . We woke up with no power but so far not much damage I can see yet. There's no word when we will get power back or be able to get back to work. We'll see how long the bill collectors take to start calling wanting money from all of us . My neighbor and I have a whoever wins the day the first call comes bet . If he wins I cut his grass if I win he cuts mine . Bad thing if he loses he hires a lawn service and my lawn is way bigger then his . 

Posted

Good news for CnD but I'm guessing Mark got a bit more than originally bargained for.

Posted (edited)

Faith Church here is sending 3 Trailer truck loads of food, water and other stuff to Florida.  This will just be a small part of what they need, but I imagine others are doing the same, which should make a difference.  126 Ameren Electric trucks from Missouri are heading that way too.  Budweiser usually gives millions of cans of water to disaster areas.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Just got my power back on . Tomorrow I plan to head out to Zephyrhills to check on my plane . So far we got really lucky but the airport had tornadoes and everything else go through.

Posted

Just got my power back on . Tomorrow I plan to head out to Zephyrhills to check on my plane . So far we got really lucky but the airport had tornadoes and everything else go through.

You are one of the lucky - Some are going to be without power for weeks.  Hope your bird is OK.  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Very lucky , I spent the day today cleaning up my yard and taking everything out so I can try and get back to work . From what I heard the area around the airport is in bad shape so I figure I'll give it another day before I try and go out . We're having the same gas problems as before the storm too so that's not helping and the banks aren't open yet. My wife went out shopping and said one walmart around us was open and the shelves were bare again. Hopefully everything gets back to what we call normal again soon . 

You are one of the lucky - Some are going to be without power for weeks.  Hope your bird is OK.  EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes, the landfall was about worst case for us in Lake City.  Still no power or internet other than cell data service.  Monday both power companies in our area were reporting 90%+ of theircustomers were without power.  Not a lot of wind damage, but lots of water oaks came down.  They have really small and weak root systems, when the ground gets saturated it doesn't take a lot to blow over what looks like a big strong oak.  Anyway, we lost one, it may have landed on the roofing or siding for the new hangar, but it's all under water so I can't tell.  The Santa Fe River beat the all time flood record by 1 foot so far, and still rising.  I-75 may close, it's almost to the top of the bridge at MM 408 now.  Which would really suck for those folks trying to get back home south.  All other nearby routes around or over the Santa Fe are closed already, so if I-75 closes it's a 100 mile or so detour.

We didn't get much except the tree down.  Some water in the garage/shop/hangar, but only a couple of inches, and nothing of value was on the floor.

My weather station says 10 inches, most of which came in about 6 hours.  It rainded all day Sunday, but when I went to bed at 11pm, we only had a couple of inches.  Morning we had 10 inches

If we can get power and internet/cable back, life will be pretty much back to normal.  We have a whole house generator that runs on Propane.    We have a 500 gallon tank, so we're good for a few more days.  Down 20% over 3 days, still have a little less than 50% left.  

Edited by marksires
spelling fixes
1 person likes this

Posted

THANK GOD OUR CABLE AND INTERNET JUST CAME ON !!!!!   My daughters love to play and be outside but in the evening we all have shows we watch as a family . The last few days have been my daughters watching Trolls , Secret life of pets and other kids movies.  I now can answer any question about those movies possible. I'm pretty sure by having that stuff embedded in my brain it has made me lose useful information. It definitely could've been worse so I'm very lucky . Hopefully work starts up soon because the wallet is definitely hurting from having to take basically a week off to get ready and buying tons of supplies and this week there's still very limited places open . 

Posted

It's so bad McDonalds took down their menu board and had a piece of paper printed on the drive through board with the items they did have this morning.  It wasn't a long list.

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thankful that it was not worse for both of you.  Hopefully soon things will be "normalized" (is that a word?).  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

That's how it is around here too . The stores are still empty and you have to be on tour A game to get gas . We haven't even thought about take out or any fast food . We still have plenty to eat at home from stocking up . During the storm my neighbor and I were bartering for supplies . If he had something extra I could use more of or he needed we traded out . Gotta love the barter system instead of dealing with the stores . Hell before the storm hit we wanted to cut both our lawns . His guy was unable to come and I mow my own . He jumped on the mower and I fired up the weed eater and about 35 minutes later we knocked out both lawns . All he had to do was supply gas hahaa. 

Posted

Latest update says 33,000 still without power for our power company.  I'm pretty sure that means 32,999 are in front of me.....

1 person likes this

Posted

Power and Internet at 4pm.  Hooray!  I'm not Amish anymore! :P

1 person likes this