Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IRMA COMING !!!

60 posts in this topic

Posted

... and not a peep on the mainstream news about how the utility crews are so far ahead of predictions on getting people back online. 

A big thanks to all of those men and women who traveled from states across the nation to come down there to help in this time of need. 

Posted

The only news out about the power is how Duke is far behind and sending out power bill estimates. Not a good thing for them to do morally and business wise.

Posted

I guess I'm training for a job in the Trump administration - draining the swamp!  3" pump has been running about 8 hours a day for the last 4 days, draining the pond/swamp that formed behind the new hangar.  The frogs were very busy with all the new water - there must be a million tadpoles in it, and it has only been there a week now.  I don't think I'm exaggerating much there either.  It covered about 1/2 acre, about 3feet deep, and it is thick with them every place I looked.  I have it down to about a foot, and it has shrank in size to about 1/3 acre. 

Posted

I guess I'm training for a job in the Trump administration - draining the swamp!  3" pump has been running about 8 hours a day for the last 4 days, draining the pond/swamp that formed behind the new hangar.  The frogs were very busy with all the new water - there must be a million tadpoles in it, and it has only been there a week now.  I don't think I'm exaggerating much there either.  It covered about 1/2 acre, about 3feet deep, and it is thick with them every place I looked.  I have it down to about a foot, and it has shrank in size to about 1/3 acre. 

Borrow a gator - He will get rid of the frogs!  ;<)  EDMO

Posted

Heck no, the tadpoles will get rid of the mosquito larva, and the frogs will take care of the ones they miss!  I just hope a nasty water moccasin doesn't take up residence.  Then I'd have to buy that Judge pistol I've been eyeing for years!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Heck no, the tadpoles will get rid of the mosquito larva, and the frogs will take care of the ones they miss!  I just hope a nasty water moccasin doesn't take up residence.  Then I'd have to buy that Judge pistol I've been eyeing for years!

Any excuse for another pistol is good enough for me - You could always say, "I think I saw a Golly-Whopper of a snake in the pond"!  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this

Posted

Any excuse for another pistol is good enough for me - You could always say, "I think I saw a Golly-Whopper of a snake in the pond"!  ;<)  EDMO

Well, it worked for me - When I went to Alaska I told my wife, "My guns aren't big enough to stop a bear", right away I got bigger ones!  ;<)  EDMO

2 people like this

Posted

Well, it worked for me - When I went to Alaska I told my wife, "My guns aren't big enough to stop a bear", right away I got bigger ones!  ;<)  EDMO

So, what's the kickback like on an elephant gun? :BC:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I had a 6 gauge, Muzzle-loading, "Elephant gun" once but never fired it.  I think the slug weighed 2 ounces.  My Grandfather said they used to hunt ducks and geese with a 2 gauge "Punt Gun" strapped to a duck boat.  I saw a video once of a large guy who was shooting both barrels of a 10 gauge magnum at the same time and he survived it to dispel the myth that it would break your shoulder - probably would have put me on my ass!

.44 and .444 and 45/70 were enough for my small frame.   People get into trouble when they go hunting with a "Deer Gun" up there, when they should be hunting deer with a "Bear Stopper"! .45 Casule has so much kick that the bullets come out of the case and jam it up when you need it - Beware!  I probably should be selling my guns now since I don't hunt or shoot anymore.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

I had a 6 gauge, Muzzle-loading, "Elephant gun" once but never fired it.  I think the slug weighed 2 ounces.  My Grandfather said they used to hunt ducks and geese with a 2 gauge "Punt Gun" strapped to a duck boat.  I saw a video once of a large guy who was shooting both barrels of a 10 gauge magnum at the same time and he survived it to dispel the myth that it would break your shoulder - probably would have put me on my ass!

.44 and .444 and 45/70 were enough for my small frame.   People get into trouble when they go hunting with a "Deer Gun" up there, when they should be hunting deer with a "Bear Stopper"! .45 Casule has so much kick that the bullets come out of the case and jam it up when you need it - Beware!  I probably should be selling my guns now since I don't hunt or shoot anymore.  EDMO

Ed I like guns