wanted

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am looking for a nose wheel 600x6 Randy Moore is building me a tri. gear and needs a nose wheel to  weld everything in place.  THANKS for your help.   john fletcher  Hello EDMO.

Edited by Fletchtn
wrong size

Posted

Hi John,

How are you doing? Does the above message mean you are no longer interested in my main gear? Let me know.

Rick

Posted (edited)

I am looking for a nose wheel 500x5 Randy Moore is building me a tri. gear and needs a nose wheel to  weld everything in place.  THANKS for your help.   john fletcher  Hello EDMO.

John,  PM the address you want it sent to and I will try to get it in the mail Saturday or Monday.  I would question tho - Why not use a 600 x 6 wheel and tire - it would get over the bumps better.   I have both, but the 6" wont be for sale - the 5" maybe.   The 6" is used on Tri-Pacers and other planes.  I have some extra axles for them.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

He mentioned a 600x6 I was thinking about the weight. You might be right. i think i will change that to 600x6. How do i amend the add?

Posted (edited)

He mentioned a 600x6 I was thinking about the weight. You might be right. i think i will change that to 600x6. How do i amend the add?

Just go to the ad and click on "edit" at the bottom, the ad will show up again and you can delete and add any character in it.   Let me know if you still want to borrow mine if you don't get one.  I think mine only has a 15-600x6 tire on it which is smaller than a regular 600x6, so he should leave some extra diameter room if he uses mine for a pattern.  I think I also have one of those tires that I would sell, along with some older, but good, regular 600x6 Airstreaks.  I believe the 15 is about 2 inches smaller diameter than the regular tires.  I think they were made to be an easier fit in wheelwells on retractable gear planes.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks

Posted (edited)

John,  How about if I just get some measurements on my fork, tire, wheel and axle and post them for you - would be cheaper.   Or, sell you a Tri-Pacer axle with caps & bolt, and give you my fork measurements, or I can loan my fork to you? 

John,  After a night of sleep and thinking - I think I have a 6" Piper nosewheel that I could sell - Think I have new bearings for it too, but maybe no felts or shields?  I will check on this today.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

John,  How about if I just get some measurements on my fork, tire, wheel and axle and post them for you - would be cheaper.   Or, sell you a Tri-Pacer axle with caps & bolt, and give you my fork measurements, or I can loan my fork to you? 

John,  After a night of sleep and thinking - I think I have a 6" Piper nosewheel that I could sell - Think I have new bearings for it too, but maybe no felts or shields?  I will check on this today.   EDMO

John,  I sent you a PM, and left a msg on your phone.  EDMO

Posted (edited)

John,  Good News - I have all you need except fork - Adding photo of 6" Piper Cleveland nosewheel, axle, and my Piper fork.  I have 2 new sets of bearings and races still in boxes, but have to find them.  Also have 15-600x6 new Airhawk tire and tube.  Piper also made a fender that attaches to this, but I only have one and keeping it with the fork - Sometimes one is selling on ebay.   EDMO

IMG_1703.JPG

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hot damn, what luck!

only $700

:beerchug:

Posted

Hot damn, what luck!

only $700

:beerchug:

That's NEW prices Doug - Mine are a lot cheaper!  ;<)  EDMO

Posted

Yeah, but I've noticed used prices for certified parts are always more expensive for some reason! 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, but I've noticed used prices for certified parts are always more expensive for some reason! 

Because that is the only approved part you can put on a factory plane - without an STC, which costs more money.  BTW, the $700 new price you listed would probably be for just the wheel - You could double that for the other parts included in what I listed.  I LOVE Experimentals!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO