Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buying?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Found a mark 4 locally. The plane has gone through at least two hands and not completed. He has the original paper work from avid. Serial number 1289d. He said their is

no data plate other than that it looks complete . Motor is in brakes baggage compartment controls, Wings are built. $5000, Does this sound like a good deal? 

Posted

Sounds like it but as everyone on here says we need pictures. 

Posted

If it's not obviously junk, it should be worth that.  What's the guy's #...... Just kidding on the number thing. :-)  JImChuk

Posted

Brought the plane home! We spent all day yesterday organizing all the parts, cant wait to dig in.

2 people like this

Posted

Pictures, pictures.... JImChuk

Posted (edited)

I just went through this. The guy was asking far more than I've as willing to pay. Now that I've been through it I would have offered him less. It all depends on a lot of different things. One thing can make or break the project and go from an investment to a money pit. Pays to have someone else who knows more go over it before laying down the money. Personal building skill plays alot into it too. 

Edited by rvsimons

Posted

One thing can make or break the project and go from an investment to a money pit.

Lol that's a good one.

Hobbies and Investment don't go together.

Posted

LOL!  I'm referring to recouping some of the invested cost at resale. We made $2500 on my last Avid and got to fly it for a year. Lifes hard...harder if you are stupid :)