Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ignition switch took a dump

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey All! My ignition switch broke, turned to the start position and wouldn't go back, New one needed, this has probably been asked before! If so excuse me, Its 6 posts but only 5 used, 2mag, acc,gnd,Batt, and sol. No luck at kitfox catalog either, Is the mags both powered off one post and one is a mag ground? If so, then I've seen several switches that will work, I've got toggles for mags. Can anyone tell me who makes them, no name or number on old switch.Thanks for any info!

Posted

NAPA has a wide variety of keyed switches which will work for what you are doing. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I thought mags were always "self powered" - at least on aircraft engines, and you only need the toggle switches to break the grounding wires (P-leads) to start/stop the sparks.  Most any auto ignition switch should work - just need off - on - start.  Or, just a off-on switch of any kind along with a push button start, like the old cars had.  Unless the 2-smokes are different?    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Nothing different like that Ed . We just got that hp to weight ratio over the 4 strokes . 

Posted

Nothing different like that Ed . We just got that hp to weight ratio over the 4 strokes . 

I think I have the solution to hp/weight - My heaviest was 208 - normal in my prime 175 - Last week 157.  "Shrinking Old Man"!  Makes up for extra weight of Soob engine.  ;<)  EDMO

2 people like this

Posted

My wires from the mag switches go to the ignition switch, the wires could just be ground connect, disconnect from switch.

Posted

My wires from the mag switches go to the ignition switch, the wires could just be ground connect, disconnect from switch.

I would think so.  EDMO

Posted

Haha I think my heaviest was around 165 lbs I regularly stay around 145-150 . I'm definitely shrinking though. I was taller then my wife 11 years ago bit now she's taller then me . I had to much fun destroying my body on my bike. 

I think I have the solution to hp/weight - My heaviest was 208 - normal in my prime 175 - Last week 157.  "Shrinking Old Man"!  Makes up for extra weight of Soob engine.  ;<)  EDMO

Posted

Ignition switch problem solved, replaced switch with simular one.